Backup of Registry Removal?

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement for AdAware. I have just installed Malwarebytes 1.11 free. I saw this on CastleCops and thought I'd give it a try. I did a Quick Scan and in the results list there is Adware.Popcap. This is in the Downloaded Programs File. Its from MSN games (popcapdownloader). It also lists 4 registry entries.

My questions are:

There is only the remove button in the results list. Does this remove (delete) completely, or does it put it into the Quarantine when removed, so it can be restored if need be?

Does it make a backup of the registry entries it removes, like in HijackThis? Or a restore point like in Spybot?

I saved the log. But it is not showing under the Logs tab. But the log is in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\ Why does the log not show under the program tab?

Thanks for your help.

Hello Jud68,

Welcome to Malwarebytes. :P

There is only the remove button in the results list. Does this remove (delete) completely, or does it put it into the Quarantine when removed, so it can be restored if need be?

The items are stored in Quarantine after removal.

Does it make a backup of the registry entries it removes, like in HijackThis? Or a restore point like in Spybot?

Yes, quarantine is your backup. The items can be stored back from quarantine.

I saved the log. But it is not showing under the Logs tab. But the log is in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes\ Why does the log not show under the program tab?

Hmm, close and open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and then see if the log is then listed in the log tab.

post-893-1208064870_thumb.png

Hello Hardhead,

Hello Jud68,

Welcome to Malwarebytes. :P

Thank you for the welcome, and your reply.

Hmm, close and open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and then see if the log is then listed in the log tab.

Hmm. I closed and opened Malwarebytes' and the log does not appear under Log tab. I did not remove the results because of the registry keys. I wanted to make sure these could be restored first. I left the ticks for each one, I clicked the Save Log (or whatever it said). The log says "no action". The log saved in C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ and it is named as in your attachment. But it does not show in the Log tab.

Hello RubbeR DuckY,

Thanks for your reply.

Only automatically saved logs, or logs saved in the Logs folder will show up in the logs tab.

So if I remove the results, it automatically creates the log? Is that when it creates a Logs folder? I only have a Language folder under ...\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. There is no Log folder. The log saved in

...\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware.

Thanks for your help.

• Root Admin
So if I remove the results, it automatically creates the log? Is that when it creates a Logs folder?

This is correct. The logs folder is actually located under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. This is the universal folder for storing data on Windows XP. Only logs that are located there will show up in the Logs tab. Logs are saved automatically during removal.

This is correct. The logs folder is actually located under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. This is the universal folder for storing data on Windows XP. Only logs that are located there will show up in the Logs tab. Logs are saved automatically during removal.

Ooooh. Ok. Thank you. There is no Logs folder in that directory because I saved it, not created automtically. Think I got it now. :P

Thanks again for your help. I like the program so far. Easy to use and scans quite quickly.

Have a good day.