MALWAREBYTES WONT RUN

I have malwarebytes saved on my desk top however it will not run. I tried to run it in safe mode but it still will not run. I cannot access the internest from my infected lap top so I saved malwarebytes from a clean lap top and saved it to disc to see if that worked but still nothing....can anyone please help me?

Thanks a lot

Lynsey

I have malwarebytes saved on my desk top however it will not run. I tried to run it in safe mode but it still will not run. I cannot access the internest from my infected lap top so I saved malwarebytes from a clean lap top and saved it to disc to see if that worked but still nothing....can anyone please help me?

Thanks a lot

Lynsey

Sorry in addition I found the below and tried it....I got as far as 'Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys' - I could not find TDSSserv.sys undering NON-PLUG AND PLAY DRIVERS....

Please try the following routine to see if you can get Malwarebytes to run.

Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK

On the View menu click on Show hidden devices

Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys

Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE

Now RESTART your computer.

Download a copy of Malwarebytes but DO NOT run it yet.

Rename the downloaded installer file to any generic name such as your own name but keep the .EXE extension on the file and run it.

Once the program is installed go to the UPDATE tab and try to update the program if you can.

Then go to the SCANNER tab and run a Quick Scan and allow MBAM to fix anything found.

the only problem with that advice is that you actually should NOT find TDSSserv.sys in that list. If you DO find it, it is a Trojan and you need to get rid of it. You can search Google for TDSSserv.sys and you will find lots of information about it, including how to get rid of it. I had it a while back and Avira Anti-Vir found it.

Hello,

Your system has rootkit infection. You will need guided help, which cannot be offered in 'this' sub-forum.

Right away, see this sticky note in the Malware Removal sub-forum.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.

Do as much as possible of the preliminaries (like getting and running DDS and GMER scans)

then follow the intructions, and create a new topic in the Malware Removal sub-forum http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

posting the details you mentioned above, plus logs from DDS & Gmer.

Skip the MBAM section. Do as much as possible of the rest.

Please have plenty of patience until you get a reply there. The forum is very busy, as are the volunteer expert helpers.

Once you post, wait for an authorized helper to reply to you.

My best to you.