error code

Hi babua - Please check this first , as there seems to be no problem with my active internet connection -(Just updated mine)

Verify Your Internet Connection Settings

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

-THIS will show you the steps -

Please post back so we can see if it helps -

Thank You - B)

If you post back , please list your Operating System (XP /Vista /Win7)and your anti virus program - Thanks -

Greetings babua and welcome to Malwarebytes B)

Please try the following to see if it helps:

Windows XP:

• Click on Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Add/Remove Programs
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    • Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask me and I'll explain how to do it.