which av combo?

tetley74

@YoKenny1

I'm glad to hear that they are working on it, and it seems as though its been resolved for the newest release then? :)

Kudos to you too for sticking through and keeping on top of it over there too and making them aware of it :)

HI again, thanks for all the input ahs helped alot,well done to yokenny1 for pushing avast will be keeping a clos eye on avast 5.0 462 over next few weeks and if all is well may change back to avast, but having said that mse is working fine up to now(hope ive not jinxd it now lol) so we shall see how we go, many thanks again this will be 1st port of call for future problems.

• 2 weeks later...
HI new to this forum so hope ive got this in the right place. currently im running microsoft security essentials, threatfire, along with superantispyware free and of course malwarebytes free. My ques,, is this a good combo of protection or is avast5.0 free anybetter than mse, is threatfire good or would the malwarebytes pro with mse or avast be better and are there any known conflicts between these programs. The reason i ask is well its microsoft but having said that it seems to be working ok so far hope this hasnt revied a boring old thread many thanks.

Do you have XP, Vista or Windows 7? If XP I would go with Avast over MSE. With Vista or Widows 7 it's up to you which to go with. I would not get too concerned about upgrading to SAS Pro as the real time protection offered is not that great- although it has a nice on demand scan. With SAS Pro you really are not adding any type of protection as both MSE and Avast have you covered. MBAM has some extra protection in its real time protection- IP blocking, especially. And the real time monitoring of MBAM has caught a few things av's I have used missed.

Right now I am using MBAM and Nod32 maxed out and they are working together really well.

HI thnaks exile360 so its safe to run mbam @ sas pro versions at same time with microsoft security essentials, still not to sure about threatfire will give it some more time though. Also am thinking of returning to avast5.0 free would that be a wise move at a later date as they still seem to be having problems with this security 2010 and its varients.

MalwareBytes with lifetime updates is *almost free - and well-worth the money. The SUPPORT is *fantastic*!

Here's a nudge to help.. :unsure:

I saved enough to pay for the lifetime updates.

Shy

MalwareBytes with lifetime updates is *almost free - and well-worth the money. The SUPPORT is *fantastic*!

Here's a nudge to help.. :unsure:

I saved enough to pay for the lifetime updates.

Shy

MODERATOR, please delete my post above. I just reaalized the pricing had changed to a cheaper amount anyway.

Thanks,

Shy

• 1 month later...

Hi Couposn and welcome to malwarebytes.:)

I would advice not using Comodo Firewall. The company itself is very suspicious and to me is on the border of being legit and malware supporter. It is the only company constantly targeted for being tied to the malware industry. Same goes for MRG(Malware Research Group) as they are constantly being targeted for aiding Comodo in distribution of malware. If you ask me their both connected.