hard to find help

omega

You know, I have been fighting this trojan for a week now and could not get it removed. I type in the name of the file and it takes me to your site.

I am a bit scared of sites proclaiming to be the fix all, the do all, and need no other program. I saw you site and program and almost did not download it for the same reason. "what if these are the very people that created the thing and just want to fix it to just get deaper into my system, with another type of hacking device.

Man its so scary out there , you feel like you make one wrong move and wam...they have you. Then the fight starts and they have a huge lead on you for the get go.

I used Adware...Mcafee....search and destroy....MS bit defender...... and none removed the problem, fact is the MS removal tool , that special download one, did not even get the bugger out, BUT YOURS did.

Your Malwarebytes program got the bugger out, took a couple of passes, which I was all the more willing to do, and bingo, I am clean. My speed still does not seem right but those darn pop ups and my CPU fans running all the time, because my system was working so hard , is all gone. My fans are back to nornal speed.

I am very happy to report , I am almost back to normal, I just have to figure out why my speed is still a bit less than normal, but that could be anything. Anything to do with Vista, is a crap shoot to start with, so I consider myself very lucky to have fond your site. I have been online for a very long time, and have never run across your site, man I am glad I have now....Thanks...for the fight....I know they make it faster than anyone can keep up but its good to know that someone is fighting back and not just for the money, but because they believe in the fight.

:P

• Root Admin

Thank you and glad you're doing much better. You may want to try running the following utilities

to see if they can help it out a little more.

• Follow these instructions carefully.
  • Download ATF-Cleaner from Snapfiles.com to remove "junk" files from your computer that may contain malware.
  • You can also download it from Majorgeeks.com
  • When you run ATF-Cleaner, check the items as shown below for Main.
  • For FireFox, be sure to click on the FireFox tab on top and check the items as shown below for FireFox
  • NOTE: If you don't have FireFox or Opera installed then they will be grayed out and can be ignored
  • Then click on "Empty Selected".

atf-cleaner01.gif . atf-cleaner02.gif

This scan can take a long time but it's good to scan with more than just one scanner so it's worth running it in my opinion.

• Run an online scan with Eset from http://www.eset.com/onlinescan
  • You must use Internet Explorer for this online scan. FireFox, Opera, etc will not work for this scan.
  • Accept the terms and click "Start".
  • Once the scanner is ready, check "Remove found threats" AND "Scan unwanted applications".
  • Click "Start" to begin the scan.
  • When completed restart your computer

Then take a look at your startup items and maybe remove those that you don't absolutely need to run on start up.

omega, welcome to Malwarebytes Security Forums.

Man its so scary out there , you feel like you make one wrong move and wam...they have you. Then the fight starts and they have a huge lead on you for the get go.
It is a sad situation but its all because of the almighty $$$ and the advertising profit that the malware purveyors can earn by getting in-your-face adverts to capture your eyeballs in the lucrative pay-per-click marketing scheme.

I use and recommend McAfee SiteAdvisor as an indicator to show you if a site is potentially malicious or not, SpywareBlaster that prevents known malware from installing and WinPatrol to monitor what is running in your system and alerts you if something is trying to modify some key point of your system.

http://www.siteadvisor.com

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

http://www.winpatrol.com

Another level of defense is the use of a HOSTS file that prevents your browser from going to potentially nasty sites and the HOSTS files I use are hpHosts and MVPS files and to manage them HostsMan and its companion HostsServer.

http://www.hosts-file.net/?s=Download

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm <== also describes what a HOSTS file is and how to install it.

http://www.abelhadigital.com

With these tools installed then your system will be quite protected from the new malware appearing all the time.

Ok, I have done most of what you two have suggested.

AFT - check Done

Eset - had to download it because my vista would not let me run the online, admin thing...so I just downloaded it and now running it.

Site adviser - installed

Spyblaster - installed

win patrol - installed

I tried to install the host file thing but fail...vista again...admin thing...

anyhow this is my currect line up .

Malwarebytes - have to run manually, is it auto and I am not seeing it?

spybot - runnning in background

Scotty , winpatrol - running in background

Eset - running in background, still 30 day version

(am I running to many things?...lol)

I have removed

Mcafee enterprise version - it did not stop this attack, I am mad at it.

Bit defender - it seen the attack but did nothing , said it had an error.

I really like all the help I got here, fact is I am putting this on my web site for quick links, just a personal thing. I also am part of VERY large gaming org, taw.net, I will let them know about this site also.

I am a gamer and do mostly gaming and video/audio stuff on this computer, so speed is SOOOOO important to me, fact is I am always looking to upgrade hardware just so I can keep my edge in gaming, but this attack has me focused on my protection now. Though I still need all the speed I can get, this has taught me to be more atuned to the sofware side of things. I am going to run the free versions until I can get a system down, I really only want to run what is need to stop them buggers from hitting me again.

I really need to fix my speed issue, some how my system has slowed down after the attack, but nothing is hidden that I can find.

Anyhow, I am greatful, for all the help you have already given me, I plan to stick around and make the chages you guys suggest. :P