Scheduled Tasks Do Not Run

Hi, I have the paid subscription to MB 1.44, but the scheduled quick scan & update under "Protection" never run automatically. The computer is always on at the times they're supposed to run, & not in stand-by or anything.

I searched this forum & found no previous posts for this problem. Any ideas for a fix?

Greetings Mick60 and welcome to Malwarebytes B)

Please do the following to verify that the Task Scheduler service is running:

For Windows XP:

• Click on Start and click Run
  • In the run box type services.msc and press Enter
  • Once the Services window opens, scroll down the list until you find the Task Scheduler and double click on it
  • Click on the drop down menu next to Startup Type and select Automatic then click the Start button to start the service
  • Click the Apply button and click on Ok
  • Close the Services control panel

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and type services.msc and press Enter
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Once the Services window opens, scroll down the list until you find the Task Scheduler and double click on it
  • Click the drop down menu next to Startup Type and select Automatic, then click the Start button to start the service
  • Click the Apply button and click on Ok
  • Close the Services control panel

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or not.

Thanks B)

To add:

The MB quick scan & update both show under scheduled tasks, & even show that they ran last night; but, I checked the computer when the scan was supposed to run at 10PM & it wasn't running. Does it somehow run without showing & shouldn't it show as having run in the MB log?