XP Internet Security

Hi:

I got this malware in my system and it keeps on coming back even after I removed it using malwarebytes two days ago. Whenever i open the IE, this comes in and when I run Malwarebytes it will not show any infections. After i start working, it comes in after half an hour to an hour.

I don't know how to remove this.

Can someone help me?

Hello Vamshi

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

• Download OTL to your desktop.
  • Double click on the icon to run it. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
  • When the window appears, underneath Output at the top change it to Minimal Output.
  • Under the Standard Registry box change it to All.
  • Under Custom scan's and fixes section paste in the below in bold

netsvcs

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe

/md5start

eventlog.dll

scecli.dll

netlogon.dll

cngaudit.dll

sceclt.dll

ntelogon.dll

logevent.dll

iaStor.sys

nvstor.sys

atapi.sys

IdeChnDr.sys

viasraid.sys

AGP440.sys

vaxscsi.sys

nvatabus.sys

viamraid.sys

nvata.sys

nvgts.sys

iastorv.sys

ViPrt.sys

eNetHook.dll

ahcix86.sys

KR10N.sys

nvstor32.sys

ahcix86s.sys

nvrd32.sys

symmpi.sys

adp3132.sys

mv61xx.sys

/md5stop

%systemroot%\*. /mp /s

CREATERESTOREPOINT

%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles

%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles

%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav

• Check the boxes beside LOP Check and Purity Check.
  • Click the Run Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
    • When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
    • Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post it with your next reply.

====================

Download the following GMER Rootkit Scanner from Here

• Download the randomly named EXE file to your Desktop. Remember what its name is since it is randomly named.
  • Double click on the new random named exe file you downloaded and run it. If prompted about the Security Warning and Unknown Publisher go ahead and click on Run
  • It may take a minute to load and become available.
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a full scan...click on NO, then use the following settings for a more complete scan..
  • In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Ensure the following are UNCHECKED

• Sections

• IAT/EAT

• Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically only C:\ should be checked)

• Show All (don't miss this one)

• Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "ark.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop
  • **Caution** Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries
  • Click OK and quit the GMER program.
  • Note: On Firefox you need to go to Tools/Options/Main then under the Downloads section, click on Always ask me where to save files so that you can choose the name and where to save to, in this case your Desktop.
  • Post that log in your next reply.

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.