XRT_ malware

Hello, new to Malwarebytes and this forum.

Have been testing a (paid for) copy of MB on a pc with no problems for last couple of months.

In last 2 days have had XRT_rmib.exe (45k) in lodged limited user account.

MB scans do not reveal this or several registry entries in Internet Explorer keys.

have found two references

http://forums.activeworlds.com/archive/index.php?t-7744.html

and

http://www.awportals.com/chronicles/article.php?a=215

Still getting the hang of this forum.

Yes I can upload the file. I can see the upload page, but cant see anywhere to add notes.

Renaming the beast seems to neutralise it, but I would change the extension to .txt for safety.

I will try to find the registry keys again, but have already deleted the offenders, wothout noting the entries, sorry.

Unless someone really wants to look at a HJ log I don't feel the need to obtain one.

• Root Admin
Yes I can upload the file. I can see the upload page, but cant see anywhere to add notes.

Feel free to upload a zip file with a text document describing the malware.

Renaming the beast seems to neutralise it, but I would change the extension to .txt for safety.

Please keep the extension intact and just upload it zipped up.

Unless someone really wants to look at a HJ log I don't feel the need to obtain one.

This is to make sure everything was removed correctly. I would recommend you post one.