OfficeGuardian.exe

ahr8tch

Can anyone tell me what this program is? I've searched the Internet and found several hits but no real information. Most of the hits were on forums that appeared to be trolling for members, and I didn't sign up. I'm surprised that I found little about the program searching the web. Windows Explorer finds the file in the C:\Windows directory in the Prefetch subdirectory. Searching the microsoft site turned up nothing about OfficeGuardian.exe.

The only reference I could find searching this forum turned up threads (essentially 2 posts from the same source) that had no responses.

I need to find out about officeguardian.exe because it is blocking my attempts to restore data from an external HDD to a newly installed and formatted internal HDD with a freshly installed, but fully updated, WinXP Pro SP3. I use a Clickfree Transformer and several external HDDs to back up 3 computers. Each has its own external HDD back up. The Clickfree Transformer is a USB dongle with their software installed for managing backups. It sits between the system and the external HDD. I used it to back the data up to the external HDD before reinstalling everything. Removing the dongle, I can see that the data was backed up. Clickfree support thinks the problem is with the USB drivers or ports on the system, but all the ports work with other devices and Device Manager shows no problems with the USB hardware and drivers. I have tried reinstalling drivers from CDs and from the Internet without improvement.

The Transformer works on my HP laptop and the wife's Dell desktop, but I cannot get the software to load and perform on my Dell desktop. All systems use XP Pro SP3 and are on automatic update. When I try to use the Transformer on my Dell DT the plug and play recognizes they device and chimes as usual and even displays the Clickfree splash screen and displays an Autorun panel wherein the directories on the external HDD whiz past.

Shortly after displaying the Clickfree splash screen I get a Windows panel with Clickfree in the title bar asking if I want to send the report. When I drill down I get more information indicating that OfficeGuardian.exe is the involved program, but I cannot parse the information displayed.

Friends have suggested that this might be malware but MB runs on the DT without identifying any. I have a deep scan running on the DT as I type this on the laptop.

Can anyone tell me what this program is? I've searched the Internet and found several hits but no real information. Most of the hits were on forums that appeared to be trolling for members, and I didn't sign up. I'm surprised that I found little about the program searching the web. Windows Explorer finds the file in the C:\Windows directory in the Prefetch subdirectory. Searching the microsoft site turned up nothing about OfficeGuardian.exe.

The only reference I could find searching this forum turned up threads (essentially 2 posts from the same source) that had no responses.

I need to find out about officeguardian.exe because it is blocking my attempts to restore data from an external HDD to a newly installed and formatted internal HDD with a freshly installed, but fully updated, WinXP Pro SP3. I use a Clickfree Transformer and several external HDDs to back up 3 computers. Each has its own external HDD back up. The Clickfree Transformer is a USB dongle with their software installed for managing backups. It sits between the system and the external HDD. I used it to back the data up to the external HDD before reinstalling everything. Removing the dongle, I can see that the data was backed up. Clickfree support thinks the problem is with the USB drivers or ports on the system, but all the ports work with other devices and Device Manager shows no problems with the USB hardware and drivers. I have tried reinstalling drivers from CDs and from the Internet without improvement.

The Transformer works on my HP laptop and the wife's Dell desktop, but I cannot get the software to load and perform on my Dell desktop. All systems use XP Pro SP3 and are on automatic update. When I try to use the Transformer on my Dell DT the plug and play recognizes they device and chimes as usual and even displays the Clickfree splash screen and displays an Autorun panel wherein the directories on the external HDD whiz past.

Shortly after displaying the Clickfree splash screen I get a Windows panel with Clickfree in the title bar asking if I want to send the report. When I drill down I get more information indicating that OfficeGuardian.exe is the involved program, but I cannot parse the information displayed.

Friends have suggested that this might be malware but MB runs on the DT without identifying any. I have a deep scan running on the DT as I type this on the laptop.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Searching my other computers, I found OfficeGuardian.exe installed in Application Data in a Clickfree folder; therefore I am convinced that the culprit is Clickfree and will pursue a resolution with them. I shot off an email to their support team today, decrying the paucity of their phone support. I will post results here - if there are any. - rh

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!