PC acting strange

nightster6875

Hello. sorry i really didn't know where to post this.

here are my PC's specs. nvidia 8800m gt GPU intel core 2 duo T5550 @ 1.83ghz processor 4 gigs of ram and windows vista home premium 64 bit

all of the sudden a couple of days ago my computer started running slugish so i opened task manager to see what was going on i didnt find anything out of the ordinary pretty much all of my ram was being used up by windows explorer.. so i decided to run a Avast pro scan and malwarebytes full scan over night when i came back they didnt find anything... i have this program i downloaded comodo system cleaner and i haven't used it before but its like a registry cleaner and what not... i used i think system scan i cannot remember and it was taking literally for ever so i closed it. now all of my icons pretty much on my desktop and stuff dont load and when i try to load up internet explorer firefox google chrome anything really it says this version of this file is not compatible with this version of windows you are running. check your computer's system information to see weather you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64(64-bit) version of the program.. i also play world of warcraft and it does the same error.. also when i tryed to do a system restore i type in system restore in the search bar in the windows panel it doesnt load up it just sits there please help :)

sorry i am tierd been trying to do something with my computer all day so i didnt feel like using proper grammar and everything : /

Hi nightster6875,

It could be comodo that caused the problem. Their system cleaner only destroys. It does not clean well at all. I have used it in the past and have to say it does a very poor job. Personally I wouldn't advice on anything comodo related. If you want a free system cleaner go for Ccleaner it does a very well job. http://www.ccleaner.com

Also if you want to load system restore restart windows and before the load screen appears(preferably at the logo screen right when you start your computer)press F8 a few times. That should load a screen that has a few options. Safe Mode, Safe Mode with Command Prompt and Safe Mode with Networking.

Choose Safe Mode. When windows is done loading try running system restore again. You can also go to control panel with classic view selected in the top left and choose system. You should see a selection at the top left and one should say system protection. When system protection opens you should see a button that says system restore. You may have to wait for it to tally up the restore points.

Hi nightster6875,

It could be comodo that caused the problem. Their system cleaner only destroys. It does not clean well at all. I have used it in the past and have to say it does a very poor job. Personally I wouldn't advice on anything comodo related. If you want a free system cleaner go for Ccleaner it does a very well job. http://www.ccleaner.com

Buttons, thanks for the reply. do you know if there is anything i can do to fix my problems with inability to open programs?

Yep no problem. :)

Sorry to bother again Buttons. but when i try to do system restore it says it has a erorr and it couldnt complete... and i guess when i ran the registry cleaner it removed all my restore points so i only had one from today when i did windows update.. i guess my computer is screwed i cant really do anything else or what? thanks for all your time again.

Sorry to bother again Buttons. but when i try to do system restore it says it has a erorr and it couldnt complete... and i guess when i ran the registry cleaner it removed all my restore points so i only had one from today when i did windows update.. i guess my computer is screwed i cant really do anything else or what? thanks for all your time again.

No problem. Do you have the windows installation disk? If you do(really hope you do or you might me toast) you can insert it and wait for it to load. When it does, do not click install, instead you should see an option called repair your computer. That will check and hopefully fix system restore and other important settings/registry for windows.

No problem. Do you have the windows installation disk? If you do(really hope you do or you might me toast) you can insert it and wait for it to load. When it does, do not click install, instead you should see an option called repair your computer. That will check and hopefully fix system restore and other important settings/registry for windows.

hmm Not with me right now. ill have to go do a bit of looking, thanks.

You should be able to. Here's the link. http://www.gateway.com/ They should charge you a minimal fee or at least a discount for a replacement. Just make sure you tell them. :)

Thanks! just ordered them. Should be here Tuesday or Wednesday.. I'm kinda wanting to just wipe my whole hdd now and start over factory settings there is a option for this on the recovery disk right?

Unfortunitly no. The windows disk is just like the retail version, but already preactivated. Unless your computer had part of the hard drive partitioned that says recovery or sorts, then you will have to wipe everything. On computer does it show just one or two hard drives? One should say local disk c and if another exists it should be labeled recovery.