td1

IP False positive?

It's failing to read the description indicates a problem a little more series than the MBAM IP Protection failing to load (though highly likely to be the reason it can't load). Please follow the instructions in the following, and post back with the results;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

It's failing to read the description indicates a problem a little more series than the MBAM IP Protection failing to load (though highly likely to be the reason it can't load). Please follow the instructions in the following, and post back with the results;

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

The IP blocker is now FINALLY working! Thanks so much! BFE is also working. I did the sfc /scannow bit, but I wasn't sure how to type findstr /C:"[sR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt into command prompt, i.e what spacing to use.

T

No problem at all, just glad it's resolved the issue for you :)

but I wasn't sure how to type findstr /C:"[sR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt into command prompt, i.e what spacing to use.

As an aside, to enter the following when in the command window, you'll actually find it easier to copy the command from the MS article, right click in the command window, and select "Paste" (saves having to re-type it).

As an aside, to enter the following when in the command window, you'll actually find it easier to copy the command from the MS article, right click in the command window, and select "Paste" (saves having to re-type it).

Ah ok, I just used Ctrl v and it didn't work so i assumed you couldn't do that. I just tried it on command prompt and it said FINDSTR: cannot open C:\Windows\logs\cbs\CBS.log

Does that mean that the log doesn't exist because the system file checker tool dealt with all the problems?

Thanks for all your time

It doesn't, no. It means it wasn't able to locate the CBS.log file (this file should always be present after an SFC scan, regardless of results).

Can you post the exact command you used?

/edit

Can you also confirm manually, that the file exists at;

C:\Windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

It doesn't, no. It means it wasn't able to locate the CBS.log file (this file should always be present after an SFC scan, regardless of results).

Can you post the exact command you used?

/edit

Can you also confirm manually, that the file exists at;

C:\Windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log

This was the command I used

findstr /C:"[sR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

I just went to the folder CBS and it has a file called cbs.bld, CBS, CBS.persist, CheckSUR, CheckSUR.persist, filter list. there isn't a cbs.log file. Should I do sfc \scannow again?

You may want to do an sfc /scannow again, yes, but I wouldn't worry about it.

You may want to do an sfc /scannow again, yes, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Hi, I did the scan again, and it said: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but it was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

I looked in the CBS folder again, but there isn't a CBS.log file.

I tried findstr /C:"[sR] Cannot repair member file" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt again, but it didn't seem to do anything.

I also tried windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log in command prompt, but it said: the system cannot find the path specified.

Then when I tried C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log, it told me access denied. Any idea what I should do?

Thanks

Sorry for taking so long. Permission denied is usual when accessing it from a "normal" (i.e. not a root) account. I'd not worry about it :rolleyes: