Computer crashes and reboots

skybane

Hello , this is my first post . Hopefully someone can help . Thank you very much for your time !!! This has been happening for a while but is getting worse . My computer just crashes and restarts . It seems to happen no mater what I'm doing .

Intel Celeron cpu 2.53ghx 0.99gb ram

xp professional service pack 3

Hello skybane ,Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

Although this may be a computer fault (you do not mention anything else) we will treat it as an infection problem for the time -

This is the best way to diagnose your problems - We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - As the experts have been very busy please be patient -

Thank You - :)

I think this is what you meant . The code is BCcode :10000050 BcP1: E4698000 BCP2:00000000 BcP3: F744AEOC BcP4:00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0

Product : 256_1

Every time it crash reboots the error mssg ends in 256_1

:) leaves me completely lost :)

two things I would try to see if you could isolate what is causing this.

1. Test your memory on your computer using something like Memtest86

How many ram sticks do you have on your computer. Test each one seperate so you can find the faulty one (if one is faulty)

2. Test your hard drive for error and run some tools to test it.

after I run a full DSKCHK . Is there a report it will give me

You state that your computer crashes etc so a check is the logical thing - (At least I think that is the basis of your thread) -

Would you prefer not to check your hard drive or else you can always post as I answered in post#2 -

Thank you -

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here,

That is normal policy unless there are basic checks we can run and you help us by doing them -

One place to get your model of your hard drive is to do the following:

1. Right Click on My Computer Icon

2. Then Left Click on Manager

3. Then on the left hand pain Click on Device Manager

4. Now on the right hand side click on the + sign next to Disk Drives

There you should find your hard drive listed.

You should still test your memory as well.... We do not need to see a HJT log here for now.

EDIT: We have not asked, have you installed Malwarebytes and updated it and ran a full scan yet to make sure there is no infections?

it says

HDS728080 PLAT20 40Y9026LEN

I have malwarebytes and ran a full scan as well as Spybot Search and Destroy , Comodo security suite scan , SuperAntiSpyware all 4 scans found no problems . I keep everything updated .

I got Memtest86 from Cnet and opened it in alzip but couldn't figure out what the heck to do :)

Could this be related to the embeded flash player crashes that I and many others are experiencing on chrome and firefox ???

You state that your computer crashes etc so a check is the logical thing - (At least I think that is the basis of your thread) -

Would you prefer not to check your hard drive or else you can always post as I answered in post#2 -

Thank you -

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here,

That is normal policy unless there are basic checks we can run and you help us by doing them -

I have no problem checking !!!!!!!! I have never done it before !!!!! I simply asked for more info as to what to do !!! Your instructions left me unclear as to what the check does . Does it tell me something in a window when it's done ??? Did you wish me to copy and paste that info , or does it need to be zipped because it'll be a big file ???? I don't know these things so was asking you to please give me additional info !!!!

I'm sorry if my understanding is lacking , and maybe these are things everybody else knows and understands , but I have never done them . Thats why I'm here begging for help .

If you find it easier, here's a different way to run a disk check

Click on 'start' and then click on 'My Computer'.

Then RIGHT click on your (C:) drive and click on 'Properties'.

Then click on the 'Tools' tab and under 'Error-checking' click 'Check Now'.

You will see a gui with two boxes in it, one which says 'Automatically fix file system errors' and on which says 'Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors'.

Tick both of these boxes and then click 'Start'.

You will then see a box which asks you if you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart Windows.

Click 'Yes' and restart your computer to run the disk check.

You will not see any log file when the disk check is complete, any errors found will be fixed automatically.

Just crashed twice in a row .

her are the errors

BCCode:100000050 BCP1:E4044000 BCP2:00000000 BCP3:F75CAEOC BCP4:00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:3_0 product 256_1

and

BCCode:100000050 BCP1:E1783000 BCP2:00000000 BCP3:F75CAEOC BCP4:00000001 OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:3_0 product 256_1

How do I zip the minidumps ??? Step by step instructions please as I've never done this before :D

Someone has told me the following --

" It would appear that Comodo Backup is causing your crashes. Both minidumps point right to that file.

Choices are to uninstall the Comodo Backup application to see if that clears up the issue---if it doesn't there may be some registry entries to be removed to finish the process. I'll do some more reading and let you know. Or...

You could try updating/repairing your installation of Comodo Backup. There may be improvements or bug fixes to keep up with XP updates.

I don't really see another option...but I've little doubt that Comodo Backup is the culprit. "

I have uninstalled comodo backup and will let you know in a couple of days if this fixes it , or sooner if it doesn't .

two things I would try to see if you could isolate what is causing this.

1. Test your memory on your computer using something like Memtest86

How many ram sticks do you have on your computer. Test each one seperate so you can find the faulty one (if one is faulty)

2. Test your hard drive for error and run some tools to test it.

Width : 64-bit

Error Correction Capability (EC... No

Max. Burst Length : 8

Refresh : Reduced (.5x)7.8