"Antivirus Soft": Can't update Malwarebytes

Yesterday my computer became infected with the "Antivirus Soft" malware, which is throwing up phony "Infected!" windows and urging me to sign up for their phony "software." It also won't let me launch any MS apps. To get rid of it, I went into Safe mode and downloaded Malwarebytes, as suggested by someone on another Website, who urged that as soon as it's installed, to immediately download the latest update.

Alas, I can't get it to do that. Instead, I'm getting an error message saying I should report Error Code 732 (12029,0) to the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware support team.

Meanwhile, I've gotten nowhere. I ran Malwarebytes without the update, it removed nearly 40 files, but when I rebooted, "Antivirus Soft" came back to life and resumed throwing those messages at me.

John

Alexandria, Virginia

Hello ,Welcome to Malwarebytes.org

It sounds like your still infected.

We don't work on Malware removal or diagnostics in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Our antimalware experts get busy at times but we are always working on removing malware.

Hi John -

Have you had a try at This method , from our Self Help area -

Also check your Internet Explorer settings , the infection may have upset them -

Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

-THIS will show you the steps -

Thank You - :)

Hope it helps - If not please follow the steps provided by Ibrad -