Threatfire with Norton Internet Security 2010

I use it on a spare machine and I am thinking about adding it to my personal machine. Its very nice I have only seen it popup once and that was when I installed Defensewall. Its very good for a behavior blocker :)

yes it is, its false positives are low, i would strongly recommend you use threatfire, you cannot go wrong, but whatver you do, don't use it with avast, it will screw you sideways :)

Yeah I read about the issues with Avast, out of all the free antivirus software I have tried Avast! has been the only major one I have never tried. Plus you are correct about threat fire having low Fp's, if you are a normal user you should not get many non-malware alerts.

@ Slam Dunkley

There is no problem using Threatfire with avast!

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=54241.0

I can't say that for Norton though as Norton does not play nice with most anti malware applications.

Hi Slam -

You should try this with your Norton - (From their web site)

Adding Exclusions For Most Norton Products

Add exclusion to Auto-Protect and Risk scan

1 Start your Norton 2010 product.

2 In the Computer pane, click Settings.

3 Under Exclusions, next to Scan Exclusions, click Configure.

4 If you want to exclude a file from scan, under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

5 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

If you want to include subfolders within the folder, check Include Subfolders.

6 If you want to exclude a file from Auto-Protect, under Auto-Protect Exclusions, click Add.

7 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

8 Click Apply > OK

Hi Slam -

You should try this with your Norton - (From their web site)

Adding Exclusions For Most Norton Products

Add exclusion to Auto-Protect and Risk scan

1 Start your Norton 2010 product.

2 In the Computer pane, click Settings.

3 Under Exclusions, next to Scan Exclusions, click Configure.

4 If you want to exclude a file from scan, under Scan Exclusions, click Add.

5 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

6 If you want to exclude a file from Auto-Protect, under Auto-Protect Exclusions, click Add.

7 Browse and select the disk drive or folder or file you would like to exclude and click OK.

8 Click Apply > OK

And I need to know this because?.........

If you use Norton programs, at times they conflict with other security programs - This is how Norton/Symantic propose you exclude other security prgrams from interfering with the operation of your Norton program -

It was added just in case you or any others involved in this thread ever have a conflict with Norton and another security type program and wanted a solution for exclusions as the information can be hard to find - It was an attempt at being helpful - But in your case you seem to already know all the answers -

Thank You - :)

If you use Norton programs, at times they conflict with other security programs - This is how Norton/Symantic propose you exclude other security prgrams from interfering with the operation of your Norton program -

It was added just in case you or any others involved in this thread ever have a conflict with Norton and another security type program and wanted a solution for exclusions as the information can be hard to find - It was an attempt at being helpful - But in your case you seem to already know all the answers -

Thank You - :)

Thanks before being helpful, but I was on about Threatfire, I was on about Threatfire conflicting with Avast, I've had no problems with Norton conflicting with other security programs, this, well if have any problems with it I will let you know mate:) if you know how to make Threatfire work with Avast then by all means feel free to tell us :)

Why don't you ask over in avast forum?

See this topic:

Avast 5 and Threatfire?

They will no doubt offer advice on how to remove Norton as you can't run Norton and avast! at the same time. :)

Why don't you ask over in avast forum?

See this topic:

Avast 5 and Threatfire?

They will no doubt offer advice on how to remove Norton as you can't run Norton and avast! at the same time. :)

Thanks for that topic, but there is no way I'm am deleting Norton for Avast, it has won awards, so I gonna stick with my baby lol thanks mate :)

About every good AV has won awards, some awards are trustworthy while some are not. Check and make sure the company giving the award is trustworthy.

well these companies are definately trustworthy, Norton was rated number by 3 well known testing labs, Av Comparatives, Av.Org and Dennis Labs, you can check it out, sorry about not having a link

well these companies are definately trustworthy, Norton was rated number by 3 well known testing labs, Av Comparatives, Av.Org and Dennis Labs, you can check it out, sorry about not having a link

Sorry , never heard of those - :)-A search finds Av Comparatives even rates Microsoft MSE higher ??

Read carefully what is tested in comparatives, and remember that reactivity (never compared), will make difference between an infected and a protected computer, when new variants are detected or forgotten.

AV-C is able to be trusted, Dennis lab's is a lab Norton payed to have tested and I personally can't trust it.

I will not evaluate their work or trustability, I only say that comparative are synthetic tests, most times very interesting and well done, but they don't reflect, in my opinion, the way people use antivirus, and the protection level they provide. This cannot be really quantified. There is a gap between the tests, and how most users interpret them, most users on forums read the results and transpose them to a global quality rating.

to me these type of tests are bias cause someone paid them to do the tests so they will be favorable for that company.

Do the testing yourself so you can get a better feel for the product.

But even if a company pays for the tests they still have to agree to whatever results come out regardless of the outcome.