says Malwarebytes is "already running" but I can't find an GUI and the CLI doesnt work either

I'm using a HP laptop running WinVista 64-bit. i installed Malwarebytes the other day and ran a quick scan with the intention of doing a full-scan today. I've tried starting Malwarebytes several different ways and I keep getting a messgae informing me that Malwarebytes is "already running". Then the only option it gives me is to click "ok" leaving me no clue how to find a user interface. I found the list of run commands in the help pages but they seem to have no effect.

Greetings ksolomon and welcome to Malwarebytes :)

Please do the following:

• Please open the Task Manager by right-clicking your taskbar and selecting Task Manager or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC on your keyboard
  • Click the button at the bottom of the Task Manager that says Show processes from all users and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Click the Image Name column header at the top twice to sort the names alphabetically
  • Locate mbam.exe and click on it once to highlight it and then click the End Process
  • Now click the Start vista-7-start.png button and click All Programs
  • Locate and click the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder to expand it
  • Click on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon to start the program and click Continue at the User Account Control prompt

Please let me know how it goes.