MBAM and other programs NOT running on profile

Hey all,

I'm running on Win XP and there are several profiles on the computer. Recently MBAM was disabled on all profiles and the computer was plagued my slowness, re-directs, and pop-up ads through Firefox and Internet Explorer (which I have never used). Also downloads failed immediately until I retry. All attempts to rename downloads or reinstall MBAM or rename MBAM did not work.

Anyways my AVG was not picking anything up, and Avira, DeFogger, DDS, and GMER along with MBAM would not activate all giving the same Windows warning that states "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the file."

However using a different profile than my usual one, yielded some better results, while MBAM still wouldn't run, Combofix did work. So I ran Combofix and it produced and lost internet connectivity even after a reboot so I "system restored" and regained internet but lost Combofix and after one last effort in download/renaming the latest MBAM, it finally installed but threw up several Windows warnings before eventually running.

MBAM detected over 60 infections on my computer, and so far the re-directs and pop-ups have stopped but even after a re-boot, it still will not run on my primary Windows account. I can only run it on other accounts.

Any advice, I really don't know what I'm doing here.

I can post the MBAM log and Combofix log from my secondary account along with any screenshots of the error messages if they'll help.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!