Computer SLOWWWWW...Memory all used up, but can't uninstall some programs

needhelpinaz

I have a Sony desktop, running Windows XP. I keep getting messages that our C drive memory is almost out and that I need to delete old programs and I have done so (uninstalled lots of little things we don't use), but there is a large program, Disney/Pixar 1st Grade (my son's) that I can't get rid of. When I try to click the "Remove/Change" button, nothing happens. Can someone help me figure out how to get rid of this? My computer is running so slow, it is almost unbearable..........

Also you maybe able to uninstall it from a different location other than the add/remove program list. Sometimes if you click start -> all programs and find the software it will have an uninstall icon try that it sometimes will work. Or browse for the uninstall icon in the folder that it was installed to in Program Files... if either of those doesn't work then try revo uninstaller as stated above. Also harddrives are very cheap these days so I don't know how many GB's you have but I recommend buying an external hard drive. They are incredibly useful and for example I save all my music files and documents there so that if I do a factory reset or want to use them on another computer I don't have to copy them to anything.

Temp files could also be using up quite a bit of space on your hard drive.

Please use TFC to clear temporary files:

Run TFC by OldTimer to clear temporary files:

• Please download TFC from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Close any open programs and Internet browsers.
  • Double click TFC.exe to run it and once it opens click on the Start button on the lower left of the program to allow it to begin cleaning.
  • Please be patient as clearing out temp files may take a while.
  • Once it completes you may be prompted to restart your computer, please do so.
  • Once it's finished you may delete TFC.exe from your desktop or save it for later use for the cleaning of temporary files.

Please let us know how it goes.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! :)

I installed the Revo and that took care of it... Computer is already going faster!

And thank you for the hard drive suggestion- I will look into that! I have already learned so much from both of your responses... Thanks again! :):):)

If you have things on this computer that you don't want to or can't afford to lose - are you doing backups?

If you're going to get an external hard drive, get a big one (they're not that expensive for a 1TB or larger drive), and use it for backups as well as storing things like video or audio files.

I like the Seagate USB external drives, BTW. They work well and it's a major name brand so you know they'll stand behind it if something breaks. Some of them even come bundled with backup software.