BSOD-IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL

bbgk

Hello,

I've got a Dimension 3000 running XP Home. Recently I started getting the above BSOD. I can only boot to Safe Mode. From reading here and other places it seems to be a driver problem? I've tried running Dell's driver reset but keep getting an error message that says the admin has set the security policy to prevent this. And my security policy settings are nowhere to be found in the admin control. I'm about ready to just pull the data and reinstall the OS but thought I'd ask here to see if anyone had any ideas. MBAM does not detect any viruses, however this all started shortly after I downloaded FireFox. I've since uninstalled it but the problems persist.

The stop message ends with (0x804DC11D).

Thanks.

Please get all of the code parameters on your STOP exception code.

You're getting something like this, right?

Stop: 0x0000000A (parameter1, parameter2, parameter3, parameter4)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

You should jot down all of it including the parameters.

Don't mess with the Dell driver rest. Tell me if (other than Firefox) you added programs, tools, or hardware.

You may, as a test, use MSCONFIG (Start > RUN > type in MSCONFIG )

Look at the STARTUP tab

un-check the startup programs ..... except for your Antivirus & anti-malware program (if any)

Then logoff and restart & try Normal mode.

Stop message is: 0x0000000A (0x00000000, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804DC11D)

I had installed new RAM several days prior to this. However if I take the new RAM out and put the old RAM back in I get the same message.

Thank you.

Edited by Maurice Naggar
snipped out quote box

When starting a reply, do NOT use the "Reply or +Quote button.... but rather, use the ADDREPLY button at bottom of screen, right.

Have you done a survey of startup programs using MSCONFIG ?

This is my typical suggestion for this STOP code

STOP 0X0000000A IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This can be any of hardware device error, software error, or general hardware error.

Also, if you have any 3rd-party CD/DVD software, CDR - CDRW writing software, make sure it is compatible with your Windows version. Make sure it has the latest patches & updates.

See Aumha.org's knowledge base on stop errors

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Look at 2nd link on left-frame for 0A

See also Kelly's site , in the "I" section --- under IRQL

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_i.htm

My apologies for using the "reply" function--habit from another forum.

Thank you for the links to the information. I've read most of them while trying to find an easier fix than reinstalling the OS. Unfortunately in safe mode my "run" function has disappeared--thus I cannot "run" msconfig. There seems to be too much that has been corrupted to do anything else but reinstall. But I thank you for trying to help me!