Couple of suggestions from new user

Edgor

1. Include the date/time stamps of deleted files within the log (not when they were deleted, but when they were created or last modified... this will help understand if they are old files or newly created, and possibly tell you how long the infection has been around. I find this useful to know so I can perhaps figure out what I was doing that led to the problem).

2. Break out the "Automatically save and display log file" into separate settings. For example, I'd like the ability to save log files automatically, but I do not need to automatically have them displayed. I can always go into the logs tab and display them if I want.

3. When problems are found during the nightly run, allow it to be shown somehow on the system tray (unobtrusively instead of forcing an OK box. The ok is too intrusive.

1. Include the date/time stamps of deleted files within the log (not when they were deleted, but when they were created or last modified... this will help understand if they are old files or newly created, and possibly tell you how long the infection has been around. I find this useful to know so I can perhaps figure out what I was doing that led to the problem).

2. Break out the "Automatically save and display log file" into separate settings. For example, I'd like the ability to save log files automatically, but I do not need to automatically have them displayed. I can always go into the logs tab and display them if I want.

3. When problems are found during the nightly run, allow it to be shown somehow on the system tray (unobtrusively instead of forcing an OK box. The ok is too intrusive.

Hi Edgor! A lot of those are good suggestions. The only issue I have is with the 2nd one. Most of the staff believe that showing the log file has a point. That is to show you that nothing was found and other reasons. I personally don't understand the whole reason behind it, but I actually don't mind it. So that probably won't happen any time soon. But it has been brought up many times. Thanks for your input. :)

Greetings Edgor :)

1. I think that's a great idea and I too believe it would be quite useful.
  2. I believe there are some planned changes for how/when logs are displayed with options for the user but I'm not sure when they will be implemented.
  3. I think this too is a great idea. Perhaps something like the icon flashing in the tray with the Pro version to let you know that there's something requiring your attention. Perhaps with the free version, the interface could change color or something to alert you that there was previously something detected that has not been dealt with.

Thanks for the suggestions. If you need anything more pleas post.

I made a similar request a while back and was told (by Marcin) that something like this would be implemented in a future version relatively soon. Several versions later, it still hasn't happened. :) Especially for a clean scan, showing the logfile is redundant, since the scan ends with a pop-up box telling the user that no malicious items have been found. I like your idea of creating options for both "save" and "display." I'd choose to have all logfiles saved but not displayed automatically, or (if possible) not for a clean scan.

I made a similar request a while back and was told (by Marcin) that something like this would be implemented in a future version relatively soon. Several versions later, it still hasn't happened. :) Especially for a clean scan, showing the logfile is redundant, since the scan ends with a pop-up box telling the user that no malicious items have been found. I like your idea of creating options for both "save" and "display." I'd choose to have all logfiles saved but not displayed automatically, or (if possible) not for a clean scan.

Thanks (to all) for the info. I do the automatic scan with the paid version (which imo is WELL worth the money since I've been using it a few days...). Anyway, when I have a clean scan, the log file doesn't show up, nor does the "ok" button. It only shows up when something is found. When something is found, it shows you what it found and then after you delete it, it pulls up the log. Since you've already seen what was found (just before you delete it), showing the log seems redundant. It should just be filed away with the other logs instead of being displayed.

It sounds like that is what is planned, and if so, great!

Guest chrisssteeven

Hi Edgor,

I also believe that the 1st and the 3rd one is easier to implement then the 2nd one. As mentioned above that the most of the staff believe that showing the log file has a point. That is to show you that nothing was found and other reasons. I personally don't understand the whole reason behind it, but I actually don't mind it. So that probably won't happen any time soon. But it has been brought up many times.

As a new user, i just recently purchased the software and 20 minutes later i removed from my system. It is too agressive. It started to block a common website megaupload from downloading any files. This needs to change right away. Two new tabs need to be added to the software, the first in dealing with blocked websites with an option to allow or disallow and the second of the ability to be aggressive to an option to be very easy going. I will wait a couple of days for a reply. If this cant be implemented right away then i will want a refund, i think this is fair.

As a new user, i just recently purchased the software and 20 minutes later i removed from my system. It is too agressive. It started to block a common website megaupload from downloading any files. This needs to change right away. Two new tabs need to be added to the software, the first in dealing with blocked websites with an option to allow or disallow and the second of the ability to be aggressive to an option to be very easy going. I will wait a couple of days for a reply. If this cant be implemented right away then i will want a refund, i think this is fair.

Dear, these pop-ups might be from ads on the mega-upload site as well.

I suggest you place a post in the False Positives subforum.

Greetings movie5 ;)

Currently a blocked IP can be added to the Ignore List when it is blocked by right-clicking the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon in your system tray and using the Add to Ignore List submenu. You should also take a look at this FAQ which deals with the IP Protection Module and explains what it is, how it works as well as the options currently available with it. Also, please take a look at this post from Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's lead developer explaining some of the upcoming features in the next version:

4. Integration of IP blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface as requested.

If you have any further comments, suggestions or issues please post.