Malwarebytes update function disabled

Hi paddy murphy 51 -

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue - It will ensure a clean / fresh copy of the program -

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Version 3753 is current as I write -

Note: Same procedure for free version -

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Thank you - :)

EDIT - Also check your internet connection is Fully active -

Problem seems to be sorted now, I could not update because I forgot I needed to use Admin priveleges to update. The function was blanked out. As for the problems connecting to this forum, it must have been a router issue I guess, although I have not seen anyone else post that they were having issues. Anyway I'm going to do as you suggest as I noticed my anti-virus and my free version of super-anti spyware scan around 47,000 files on my PC while Malwarebytes only scans around 29,000, I dont know whether this is normal, or whether malwarebytes is failing to do a full scan, as it just say scan completed successfully or whatever so I guess it must be o.k.