ip protection

yesterday i had a rougue installer/trojon downloader that got into my computer and disabled my avira antivir malwarebytes protection module kept blocking it but it still got through i done a scan with malware bytes and it detected 746 pieces of malware so i deleted all the malware since having to reinstall avira antivir i have noticed that my ip protection is not protecting me from malicious sites dispite it saying its enabled i have gone to websites that it previously blocked it blocks nothing i have gone to the malware domain list to test it and nothing happens the websites that our infected get through this never happened before i had this malware issue i have re installed mbam but still no joy at blocking malicious sites but it says its started successfully in all the logs but i know its not working even on some torrents that our infected it does not block can anyone help me i have avira and superantispyware so i know its not a conflict issue its annoying because i am not getting any protection :) but it says the module is on but my ip is not blocking anythink even when its enabled

Welcome tictactoe456 -

This <-- Is from the FAQ area on the IP protection module - Please read it as it may help you -

You can always run a manual scan if you are not sure that the IP module is working at the moment - Also try to update manually and see if you get any error messages - This will help us to diagnose any faults you may have - Try the step below as the infections may have upset your internet settings -

Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

-THIS will show you the last steps -

Thank You - :)

:) thanks so much woud never of relised that was the problem its working fine and dandy!!! :)

Welcome tictactoe456 -

This <-- Is from the FAQ area on the IP protection module - Please read it as it may help you -

You can always run a manual scan if you are not sure that the IP module is working at the moment - Also try to update manually and see if you get any error messages - This will help us to diagnose any faults you may have - Try the step below as the infections may have upset your internet settings -

Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

-THIS will show you the last steps -

Thank You - :)