I believe another forum is tryin' to hack/infect me...

This is what I received from another forum and I am not liking it... seems odd to me!

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear jessejane,

You have received a new private message at Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts from SuperModer, entitled "Important message from the forum administration!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:

hxxp://volkswagenforum.com/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:

Dear, jessejane!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.

We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: hxxp://security-tool2010.org/jessejane

If you do not pass this test* we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).

OK... so now that I was dumb enough to click on the link I will go ahead and run my Malwarebytes... BTW... a big red screen came up and told me that the site was not a trusted site and wouldnt open it... so hopefully it wasnt able to cause any damage.

but I was hoping that you could check out my computer to make sure I got out whatever they might have left behind...

Let me know what logs you would like to see and I will run them.

OH, and I am currently running AVG for my anti virus protection... I have a desktop w/XP pro-Media Edition, Dell XPS 410.

Thanks for your help... jj

ps... yes I have since changed my options not receive private emails.

• Staff

Hi,

Yes, these mails/private messages are indeed spread via several different forums. If people click the url, they get infected. Luckily, you got a warning already when you tried to open the site, so you should be OK here, as the site was blocked and it couldn't install anything.

In either way, It couldn't hurt to run an extra scan with malwarebytes.

Let me know if you are having any problems.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Since there is no feedback anymore, I assume this issue is resolved ... so, this Topic is closed.

If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.