Auto-Update not working.

I searched the forums and Google but could not find an answer, so I'm hoping someone here can help out.

I have purchased the full version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.44 and noticed that even with the protection module enabled and having it set to do auto updates at 12:00 AM, it will not update. I know it is not updating because on two occasions I have opened the program and seen that under the current database information it shows a date that is about 2 weeks old. When I tell it to check for updates manually it finds one and updates successfully.

I have Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with UAC enabled running a restricted account. I have checked Services and the Task Scheduler service is running. In the Task Scheduler I can see the Malwarebytes' Scheduled Update for Administrator entry at 12:00 AM every day. However, it shows an error: "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not logged on to the network. The specified service does not exist. (0x800704DD)." I leave my computer running (and logged in) all the time, but not as the Administrator.

Any clues on how to get Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware to auto-update? Auto-update is currently working with SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, and Windows Update.

Any help is appreciated, thank you for your time!

Hello niugnep, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase ;)

It could be because you haven't been logged in as admin. Try logging in as admin if you are at the computer now, and set it for five minutes from now or something and see if it will auto-update :D If so, then you probably just need to have it logged in as an Admin in order for it to auto-update.

As a side note, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying. Thank you :D

Hello niugnep, and welcome to the forums here at Malwarebytes.org and thank you for your purchase ;)

It could be because you haven't been logged in as admin. Try logging in as admin if you are at the computer now, and set it for five minutes from now or something and see if it will auto-update :D If so, then you probably just need to have it logged in as an Admin in order for it to auto-update.

As a side note, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying. Thank you :D

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my issue. I very much appreciate your help. If possible I would prefer a solution that allows me to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware under my current user account, like my other security software (Kaspersky, SAS, etc...). Without having to make what I would perceive as security compromises; such as lowering UAC settings or elevating privileges. (I know I ask a lot. Haha, sorry!)

You are welcome for the welcome ;)

Alrighty, I am not sure how to overcome your particular issue then (I just wanted to see if you could test to see if it would auto-update via the Admin account, even if you don't want to normally do so, just to make sure that your auto-update was working correctly).

Please e-mail the helpdesk support@malwarebytes.org describing your problem and/or link back to this topic if you wish :D

You are welcome for the welcome ;)

Alrighty, I am not sure how to overcome your particular issue then (I just wanted to see if you could test to see if it would auto-update via the Admin account, even if you don't want to normally do so, just to make sure that your auto-update was working correctly).

Please e-mail the helpdesk support@malwarebytes.org describing your problem and/or link back to this topic if you wish :D

In the Task Scheduler, changing the Security Options from "Run only when user is logged on" to "Run whether the user is logged on or not" seemed to work!

sweet! Glad that worked for you ;)

If you still have issues with this though, feel free to email the address I gave you above.

Also, please use the "ADD REPLY" button at the bottom of the page when replying. Thanks :D

I am having the same problem--I have set the "update" and "quick scan" schedule times on the Protection tab, but neither event has yet happened at the scheduled time. I tried running as administrator as recommended, but that did not help.

When I enter the times from the drop down menu, I do get the following error message: IPersistFile::Save, error code 0x80041315.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.