Windows Media Player

lazydave46

Hello again,

Thank you Exile for your prompt reply regarding spysweeper deletions, no problems. I do have another question for anyone who would like to answer for me. I have had Windows Media Player Blue Screen with the News, Music, etc., showing up everytime i reboot. I thought i could disable on startup programs but it still appears. How can i stop this from happening. Do i need this on reboot? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

Hello again ;)

I can take a look and see what's causing it to run at bootup if you'd like. Please do the following:

Create an Autoruns Log:

• Please download Sysinternals Autoruns from here.
  • Save Autoruns.exe to your desktop and double-click it to run it.
  • Once it starts, please press the Esc key on your keyboard.
  • Now that scanning is stopped, click on the Options button at the top of the program and select Verify Code Signatures
  • Once that's done press the F5 key on your keyboard, this will start the scan again, this time let it finish.
  • When it's finished, please click on the File button at the top of the program and select Save and save the Autoruns.arn file to your desktop and close Autoruns.
  • Right click on the Autoruns.arn file on your desktop and hover your mouse over Send To and select Compressed (zipped) Folder
  • Attach the Autoruns.zip folder you just created to your next reply