MyWebSearch

Danerd9

Oh my gosh, MyWebSearch is everywhere, especially on Youtube!! You see ads like cartoonify yourself for free and stuff for Zwinky. I hate it. I can't believe how many noobs are going to fall for this. Most noobs say it's not even a virus or malware. I lose it when they say that. MyWebSearch was my 2nd virus. I installed the tool bar and it slowed down my comp, especially popular screensavers. Also the Frost animated wallpaper was crud too. So tell me about your experience with mywebsearch. :blush:

I am so surprised about how many people get infected by this or smiley central. Every once in a while I will see posts on security forums from a user about mywebsearch or Smiley Central being a false positive. Sometimes even though we tell them its not a FP they still install it.

@ Porthos

Sorry, for my bad idea, to solve this Problem :blush:

But i think Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can not also handle this infection right, or iam wrong.

Please read this, from me: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=39073

Evidance Picture:

My FF, and IE is olso infectet this crap...

I have also problems that this crap i think :lol:

The tread strater can, try spybot search & destroy please handel this carefull, Source: http://www.safer-networking.org/de/index.html

Greetings from MAM.

• Root Admin

If you have an infection and need assistance please post in the HJT forum and someone with training will assist you.

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org