Infamous Patch Tuesday Here

DarkSnakeKobra

• Staff

Well, since all the updates I got aside from MRT and the OE Junk Mail Filter update were to patch vulnerabilities I wouldn't expect it to "fix" anything that was previously not working, only to protect me from those vulnerabilities being exploited in the future :D. IE may not be the most secure browser but what other browser do you know of that gets patched once a month to fix the security holes it does have ;)?

IE may not be the most secure browser but what other browser do you know of that gets patched once a month to fix the security holes it does have :) ?

Good point. That is why I use seamonkey. I have only had one update since switching from firefox to it. I switched to 2.01 and now it's on 2.02. Seems to be very stable/secure. I have chrome now to, but Secunia says it is insecure now. Hopefully that gets fixed soon. :)

• Staff

Yes, I've heard a lot of good things about seamonkey :). As for patches, also remember that they get discovered in IE more frequently because it's the most commonly used browser, therefore it's the one everybody focuses on when trying to exploit/break it but now Firefox comes in a close second due to its increasing popularity.

I think the way things are going firefox and all the others shouldn't get ahead of IE. Soon they'll start targeting them more frequently. Everything should be kept in balance to prevent one from getting exploited the most. If all of them were going at the same pace then it will be tougher for them to focus on just one.:)

• Staff

You've got that right, that's why I also hope that Linux and Mac OS become more popular :). And it's also why I'm glad Windows x64 is still pretty obscure because I use it (although it won't be much longer with Win 7 and Vista pushing x64 through the OEM's).

Either way, IE or no IE, Patch Tuesday is one of my favorite holidays :D. Stay safe out there kiddies ;).

You've got that right, that's why I also hope that Linux and Mac OS become more popular :D . And it's also why I'm glad Windows x64 is still pretty obscure because I use it (although it won't be much longer with Win 7 and Vista pushing x64 through the OEM's).

Either way, IE or no IE, Patch Tuesday is one of my favorite holidays ;) . Stay safe out there kiddies :) .

I'm planning on getting a new laptop hopefully by summer's end with Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Looking at a Dell Studio XPS which look pretty nice. My most hated holiday is thanksgiving. Ugh another 5 months of turkey. :)

I'm not so sure .... What about Java? :blush:

Adobe is always in the news and bulletins regarding problems . I suspect they have contracts with the bad guys to produce "corrupted" products :)

Java is not in the rummors all the time

I have read somewhere unofficial statistic that most experts predict Adobe applications to be the ones (most prone to vulnerabilities and) most attacked by hackers in 2010

P.S.: Welcome! :)

10x Enjoy the beat of the City