'Antivirus Soft'

This very helpful information: ---> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...mp;#entry194677 Does not work in Windows 7. I found what I needed at the following site: http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-antivirus-soft.html . I don't know if this violates the rules I hope not, sorry if it does not.

Apparently 'Antivirus Soft' infiltrated photobucket today.

Welcome PhilBiker -

If you have solved it then well done -

If you can not find a resolution in our "self help" area please read and follow the directions below -

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - The experts are very busy at this time and it could take a few days for a response - Yhey give their time freely and most are IT experts working in other jobs, then they come here after work -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :)

Welcome PhilBiker -

If you have solved it then well done -

If you can not find a resolution in our "self help" area please read and follow the directions below -

Please print out, read, and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post - The experts are very busy at this time and it could take a few days for a response - Yhey give their time freely and most are IT experts working in other jobs, then they come here after work -

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :)

Thank you for the form reply. I don't understand how those links are relevant to my post. Hope you come out with a better solution for this particular threat than the posted one that doesn't work in Windows 7 (not for me since I've solved the issue but for the next person). Maybe the link I posted could help.

I know your team is probably working on this specific threat right now because this program specifically targets your software. I checked this forum as well as other places on the web regarding this threat. The only way I could get anything to work on my pc at all was to make the manual changes specified in the link I provided. Hope this helps your team.

Hi Phil -

As you can read in the 'self help', area we are always trying to make removal of these items easier all the time -

There is now a dedicated writer(expert) working on these all the time - He scours all forums, like the one you mentioned for better removal processes to help those people, (unlike you who tracked it down) who are looking for quick fixes to these problems -

Thank you for contributing - :)