xp internet security

Good to hear. Please post the scan results in your next reply afterwards so I can have a look :D

This is my scan log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3709

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.13

2/8/2010 3:10:43 PM

mbam-log-2010-02-08 (15-10-43).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 128925

Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 4

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile (Trojan.Fakealert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\(default) (Hijacked.exeFile) -> Bad: (secfile) Good: (exefile) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\UpdatesDisableNotify (Disabled.SecurityCenter) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\av.exe (ROGUE.Win7Antispyware2010) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Thanx for helping me out, I want to buy the full software now.

• Staff

This looks OK again.

I assume issues are resolved now? :)

Glad I could help. :)

Please read my Prevention page with lots of info and tips how to prevent this in the future.

And if you want to improve speed/system performance after malware removal, take a look here.

Extra note: Make sure your programs are up to date - because older versions may contain Security Leaks. To find out what programs need to be updated, please run the Secunia Software Inspector Scan.

Happy Surfing again!