"IP Protection" decreases LAN file transfer speed by 90%

I've seen a couple of similar problems posted but no resolution.

When MBAM is running the "IP Protection" module, my local network file transfers are slowed down 90% or more. With IP Protection turned off, I get 40-50MB/sec over a gigabit LAN (direct connect) from the file server. With IP Protection turned ON, that same transfer (same file, network, and server) instantly drops to 2-4MB/sec. Turn IP Protection back off and the ongoing file transfer instantly speeds up: there is no doubt the slowness is caused/trigged by having "IP Protection" enabled.

The file transfer is on the same subnet on the same shared gigE switch (the normal 40-50MB/sec is a limitation of the RAID in the file server.)

The system is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 running Anti-Malware 1.44. This was a brand new clean installation in early November and other than this the system is running fine. I am also running Symmantec Endpoint Protection 11 but disabling all its protect features has no bearing on the impact "IP Protection" has on speed.

Any suggestions?