PUP.BitSpirit and hijacker

Slava12

Greetings everyone!

I am new here!

Well, I have windows 7, x 64, Dell Computer with Norton 360 installed and actively working. I don't see anything wrong with my PC. However, I decided to run MalwareBytes antimalware program, just in case.

I just scanned my PC with malwareBytes antimalware, and it has found Pup.Bitspirit and Hijack properties. Now, I do have BitSpirit legitimate one installed on my PC as a Torrent downloader.

Norton 360 hasn't detected anything. MalwareBytes found these, which I posted below. Please help! Do I delete these two items? What's my next step?Please see below:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44

Database version: 3674

Windows 6.1.7600

Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385

2/1/2010 5:12:14 PM

mbam-log-2010-02-01 (17-12-08).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 98827

Time elapsed: 1 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 1

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 1

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ByteLinker (PUP.BitSpirit) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

I have scanned my PC with MalwareBytes Antimalware. It found this:Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good

Norton 360 technical support confirmed that it is a False Positive. I put this item on MalwareBytes 'ignore list' part of the program interface. There are two buttons: "remove" and "remove all", part of Ignore interface. Just to be sure, does that take the items off of the ignore list and still leave them on the computer, or does it remove the items from the computer? I just want to make sure because I really, really don't want to mess anything up on my system. I am 99.9% sure it's a false positive report, so I would like to keep the items there.

Hello I am new here!

I have scanned my PC with MalwareBytes Antimalware. It found this:Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good

Norton 360 confirmed that it is a False Positive. I put this item on MalwareBytes 'ignore list' part of the program interface. There are two buttons: "remove" and "remove all", part of Ignore interface. Just to be sure, does that take the items off of the ignore list and still leave them on the computer, or does it remove the items from the computer? I just want to make sure because I really, really don't want to mess anything up on my system. I am 99.9% sure it's a false positive report, so I would like to keep the items there.

This should be fixed .

Norton 360 technical support confirmed that it is a False Positive. I put this item on MalwareBytes 'ignore list' part of the program interface. There are two buttons: "remove" and "remove all", part of Ignore interface. Just to be sure, does that take the items off of the ignore list and still leave them on the computer, or does it remove the items from the computer? I just want to make sure because I really, really don't want to mess anything up on my system. I am 99.9% sure it's a false positive report, so I would like to keep the items there.

This should be fixed .

What about this entry? Is this a False Positive?

Registry Data Items Infected:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoActiveDesktopChanges (Hijack.DisplayProperties) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\ByteLinker (PUP.BitSpirit) -> No action taken.

This should be fixed .