faster scan engine

js9jim

@ is9jim -

I have seen quick scans run from 2 mins up to 15 mins, it fully depends on your system - Read through this area and compare your results -

A Full Scan can take from 45 mins to 1hour and 20 mins - Again as above -

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=36701 - <--Please read this linked thread -

If yours takes much longer then run a full chkdsk or you may have an infection - If you think there is a major problem follow these instructions -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - ;)

I've noticed that if your process table is full with things like an antivirus, bittorent (hah), and other things...you'll have problems on seizing the cpu's attention. It's one reason why I've put it on high-priority and not just usual Winblows track-passing. Oh, and for the love of all that's holy, do NOT try to run anything scan-wise or otherwise processor-intensive while visiting Facebook's multitude of flash-games. Not a good idea and it's not the scan engine's fault for running "slow".

Me, I have done multiple complete scans of all 4 hard drives while I've been on WOW in battlegrounds/arenas/randoms/raids....and I've had no problems. It can be worked out to your satisfaction.

@ is9jim -

I have seen quick scans run from 2 mins up to 15 mins, it fully depends on your system - Read through this area and compare your results -

A Full Scan can take from 45 mins to 1hour and 20 mins - Again as above -

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=36701 - <--Please read this linked thread -

If yours takes much longer then run a full chkdsk or you may have an infection - If you think there is a major problem follow these instructions -

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank You - :)

_________

the quick scan should take less than 10 minutes.

the full scan should take less than 30 minutes, regardless of size of hdd.

my pc is clean of infections.

the scan engine should as fast as a antivirus scan engine.

malware scan should not take longer than a antivirus scan.

js9jim

the quick scan should take less than 10 minutes.

The quick scan already usually runs in less that 10 min.

As for the full scan taking less than 30 min regardless of hdd size, not that is just not realistic, as we can not control the number of files that users have from computer to computer. The more files you have to scan the longer you scan times will be.

This is why its a good idea to run disk cleaners prior to performing a scan, especially a full scan.

Sorry js9jim -

From Firefox - Agree 100% - SAS is even slower on Quick scan than MBAM -

This is why its a good idea to run disk cleaners prior to performing a scan, especially a full scan

A quick scan on my (almost 3 1/2 year old) desktop will always take about 7 mins - A Full scan is always over 1 hour -

-malware scan should not take longer than a antivirus scan.

Please read the link I posted -

Thank You - :)