Evil Firefox extension

I too admit being curious as to what comes to Firefox extensions. I don't recall any built-in Mozilla defences against malicious extensions though. I recall there is built-in mechanism to stop extensions being installed in browser main dir, and thus getting used automatically/hidden in background? This is what I mean http://blog.mozilla.com/security/2009/11/1...in-firefox-3-6/

It'd be nice to know MBAM protects against known malicious extensions if/when such exist.

It'd be nice to know MBAM protects against known malicious extensions if/when such exist.

Or if it could do some kind of heuristic for ones not known. The one found by member at SWI was uninstalled and deleted, but I apparently it had no company name or other information in the Extensions list. That kind of thing could perhaps be spotted. And it would be nice if MBAM would at least look for the "extension 1.29" one.

I don't know if there is a list of bad extensions available.