vostro1400

Unable to Update - Error Code 732 (0, 0)

Greetings from Ohio!

I wasn't able to update my laptop all morning.

After trying safe-mode w/networking, I tried updating my desktop which worked fine.

Even after more than 30 minutes I was still struggling with the laptop.

I was just able to update it at 11:01am EST.

It has already been explained this issue on the other thread, if you try again later you should be able to download o.k. Pity did not seek advice before uninstalling and re-installing, as you would have found out that this is only a temporary problem. Always get advice before jumping the gun.

I know that, I had not visited the forum if I couldn,t read.

But the problem have been resolved earlier four or five times with a deleting of Mbam and new installation.

Therefore I had to try that.

I still would not recommend Mbam for people with ordinary computer skills.

I used the pay version, and have normally computer skills, but four or five reinstallations within the last month is too much.

if u've normal computer skill, u wouldn't need to reinstall so many times, unless something wrong w ur pc, anyway, everything work now...

if u've normal computer skill, u wouldn't need to reinstall so many times, unless something wrong w ur pc, anyway, everything work now...

Theres nothing "normal" about computers... And, I suggest you re-read your post and ask yourself, Do I have "normal" English skills?

Mountaintree16 - In response to your post #8:

I'm not online without AV. Sorry I wasn't clearer. Yesterday, I downloaded TIS_Download32bit, mbam-set-up, and mbam-clean to my desktop. After disconnecting from the internet, I proceeded to uninstall/install TM --- no luck updating TM. Today, I followed post #5 and #3 (in that order) for MB --- still no luck updating. I tried to manually update TM using their Update_Tool. Files downloaded fine, but when I hit the ok button, I got the message "The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down". I didn't know if the update happened, so I checked the TM product info to see what changed: version (17.50.1366.000) and engine (8.952.1009) remained the same, but the pattern changed from 6.775.50 to 6.325.50. Not sure what that means.

Yes, I did add the exclusions to TM.

No, nothing weird has been happening on my computer or when I'm on the internet (except for not being able to update). When I looked at the TM 60 day update log last week, I did notice that download failures where occurring in 12/2009, but I can't recall if it's because I was updating MB, SAS, or Windows at the time TM was trying to download. I did notice that download failures were occurring 100% of the time beginning 1/18/2010, although 1 spyware pattern managed to get through on 1/20/2010. It's been download failures since then. I no longer have the update log since updating to TM IS 2010. I spoke to a coworker today and he thought I might have a virus that is preventing the updates.

My Dell is still covered under a 3 year basic limited warranty and 3 year NBD on-site service. My game plan is to contact Dell to have them look over my computer. I'd like to make sure that I didn't somehow create this problem by messing up some configuration or setting. I don't know that much about computers, but sometimes I know enough to get myself into trouble. I have lots of meetings this week, so I may not get around to contacting Dell until the weekend and having them work on my computer next week.

If my computer checks out ok, I'd like to look into whether my computer is infected. If Dell is willing to do this, should I let them? I'm not certain if MB staff and/or experts would prefer to do this since it is affecting the MB program. Would appreciate it if MB staff and/or experts could let me know their preference.

And last but not least, I was thinking of using Avira antivir Personal - Free to replace TM. Does Avira-free use IE for updating?

Thanks again for all your help and patience.

Hi vostro -

Does Avira-free use IE for updating?

You can ask on the Avira Forum - (Best place to discuss that) - I used it for quite a while and was satisfied with it -

Thanks - :D

Hellow.

I'm a new forum user.Excuse me if my english is not perfect: I'm spanish

I've been using this program and last week I was not able to update in one of my PCs. In the other, yes.

Error 732 (0,0) but at same time is completely impossible to access to www.malwarebytes.org , www.clamav.net (unable to update too) or any other antivirus web.

I'm infected then.

I've tried to clean my sistem from klamav (linux-ubuntu).I've found several viruses and deleted but the problem continues.

With the PC i'm writing, everything is normal.

Any idea ? Thanks.

Hello Daniya, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

If you are unable to get to any Antivirus web sites or run Malwarebytes or even update it and are getting errors its a good chance you are infected as you stated. Please follow these instructions:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Hello Daniya, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

If you are unable to get to any Antivirus web sites or run Malwarebytes or even update it and are getting errors its a good chance you are infected as you stated. Please follow these instructions:

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thanks for your help. I'll do make that as you indicate and post .

I'm getting the same error--732 (12002,0). Dummy me uninstalled Malwarebytes and then installed the newest version today, since I was unable to update. So the problem wasn't temporary?

Windows 7 64bit

Good point, Noknojon. I checked Antivir's forum and found a 8/2009 post that said IE is needed. So, that answered my question.

Yesterday, I tried to update MB and TM IS 2010 again --- no luck. Afterwards, I reinstalled SAS, checked the box to start SAS when Windows starts (normally not checked), and reran TM Housecall (just in case - no threats). No luck still, so I called it a day.

Today...a miracle! :lol: When I started my computer, it booted up really fast, just like when it was brand new. After connecting to the internet, I was able to update MB, SAS, and TM IS 2010. I ran MB and SAS in quick scan and TM in full scan --- no threats.

Not sure what happened. Was it the threat of installing Antivir? Was it the threat of contacting Dell Technical Support to look at the computer? I don't know, but I'm not going to complain! :)

Although it's been frustrating these past 7 days, trying to troubleshoot this problem, I've learned alot during the journey.

Special thanks to Noknojon and Mountaintree16 for your help with my issue. Your responsiveness and advice are much appreciated. Safe surfing.

@ vostro1400 -

We always like to hear the end of a Good story - I am sure I also speak on behalf of mountaintree16 when I say these things -

The Upper Level people have taught us many things and our only wish is to be able to pass it on to those who will listen -

Again, We Thank You - :lol:

@ Suuz -

I am sorry no one seems to have noticed your post -

I hope this is "better late than never" -

Please do the following on the computer with the poblem to see if it corrects it:

NOTE: You still need to do all the steps involving Internet Explorer, even if you do not normally use Internet Explorer as your internet browser. This is because Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware takes its connection settings from Internet Explorer. You can still use an alternative internet browser afterwards, as long as the connection settings in Internet Explorer are correct.

Step 1: Verify Internet Connectivity of Internet Explorer:

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box copy and paste the text in the following code box exactly as written and press Enter or click on OK:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

• Try updating again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 2

Step 2: Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products.

Now try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once more and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 3

Step 3: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

NOTE -This link shows how to do the last steps -

Thank You - :lol:

PS - Please let me know how you went -

Hellow.

I'm a new forum user.Excuse me if my english is not perfect: I'm spanish

I've been using this program and last week I was not able to update in one of my PCs. In the other, yes.

Error 732 (0,0) but at same time is completely impossible to access to www.malwarebytes.org , www.clamav.net (unable to update too) or any other antivirus web.

I'm infected then.

I've tried to clean my sistem from klamav (linux-ubuntu).I've found several viruses and deleted but the problem continues.

With the PC i'm writing, everything is normal.

Any idea ? Thanks.

This was my first message in this forum.

I've resolved.

Firefox user indicated some links with solutions. As they are the "official" solution, I tried to resolve by another way before.

Updated my antivirus klamav (version and database) for linux, I quarantined 104 files/virus/worms/problems. Most of them .dll

It crashed several programs (re-installed), but was possible to enter in antivirus web sites; reintalled malwarebytes , it works perfectly and gets updated with no problem.

@ Daniya I am glad you got the problem sorted out. If you need anything else do not hesitate to ask.

@ Daniya --- Me alegro de que tienes el problema resuelto. Si necesita cualquier otra cosa, no dude en preguntar.

@ Daniya I am glad you got the problem sorted out. If you need anything else do not hesitate to ask.

@ Daniya --- Me alegro de que tienes el problema resuelto. Si necesita cualquier otra cosa, no dude en preguntar.

Many thanks!

I used the free version of malwarebytes (version 1.44) today. In the past I successful to update, When I cleaned my Desktop of Torjan, I got error code 732 (12029, 0) when I try to update. I followed steps 1 - 3 from a forum post (http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37120), but the problem persists. My computer has Windows SP SP3. Any suggestions on what to do next would be appreciated.

Step 1: Verify Internet Connectivity of Internet Explorer:

Backup the Registry:

Modifying the Registry can create unforeseen problems, so it always wise to create a backup before doing so.

• Please download ERUNT from here
  • ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) is a free program that allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed.
  • Double click on erunt-setup.exe to Install ERUNT by following the prompts.
  • Use the default install settings but say NO to the portion that asks you to add ERUNT to the Start-Up folder. You can enable this option later if you wish.
  • Start ERUNT either by double clicking on the desktop icon or choosing to start the program at the end of the setup process.
  • Choose a location for the backup.
    • Note: the default location is C:\Windows\ERDNT which is acceptable.

[*]Make sure that at least the first two check boxes are selected.

[*]Click on OK

[*]Then click on YES to create the folder.

Note: if it is necessary to restore the registry, open the backup folder and start ERDNT.exe

Once you've completed backing up your Registry, please do the following:

• Click on Start and select Run
  • In the Run box copy and paste the text in the following code box exactly as written and press Enter or click on OK:
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

• Try updating again and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 2

Step 2: Verify Your Internet Connection Settings:

• Open Internet Explorer
    • Note: It MUST be Internet Explorer, not Firefox, Opera, Chrome or any other internet browser

[*]Click on Tools at the top and select Internet Options

• Note: If you do not see Tools, press the Alt key on your keyboard and it will show up

[*]Click on the Connections tab

[*]Click on the LAN settings button

[*]Under Automatic configuration make sure that the box next to Automatically detect settings is checked, if it is not, then click the box next to it to check it

[*]Under Proxy server make sure that the box next to Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections). is not checked and if it is, click the box next to it to uncheck it

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Local Area Network (LAN) Settings window

[*]Click on the OK button to close the Internet Options window

[*]Try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware again to see if it now works correctly

Now try updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware once more and if it does not work then please proceed to Step 3

Step 3: Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files and Folders From Other Active Security Programs:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista or Windows 7:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Windows\SysWoW64\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE from it as well

Step 4: Ping the Content Delivery Network

For Windows XP:

Click on START - RUN and type in or Copy/Paste the following and verify that you get a response

CMD.EXE /K PING mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

Click on START and in the search line type in CMD and press the Enter key

Then in the DOS console window type in the following and press the Enter key and verify that you get a response

PING mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org

The FAQ contains examples of setting file exclusions for some known AV products.

IF none of the above work and you're still having issues then your system may be infected in which case you should follow the advice below.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.