Format with dr-dos commands

dew

First of all greetings to all staff and members here. I am facing this problem regarding formatting as i am self formatting for the first time. So please pardon me.

Friends please accord me intricate guide of dr-dos formatting commands to format winxp. Please show the full guide too (ideally with pics). I get stuck with miniature things.

When i start formatting, after some process it comes to "[DR-DOS] A:\>". I tried giving format command ..

EXAMPLE

format D: /fs:NTFS /v:Backupdrive /q

But when i give this command the error shows "invalid drive or format not supported"

I tried putting in all drives but no success.

Please help me with full comprehensive guide **gratitude** Cheers

Thanks for the reply. Sir Noknojon i can't post hijackthis log until my PC gets formatted.

I have downloaded this bootable files from internet. I write those files to a CD using Nero bootable CD option. Now when i run the CD it asks for the DR-DOS command. I made first boot CD-ROM & disabled all other boots in Advanced BIOS. Still it does not format by itself. Where's the loop..