mbam standalone version?

Have searched the forums but could not find an answer to this.....

Is it possible to run mbam as a standalone utility (not installed on infected PC)? - would be useful where there are installation problems or mbam just won't run when installed.

Obviously if a USB stick is used, it must have a write protect switch on it!

Regards & thanks to the developers & the troubleshooting gurus.

At this time there is no portable version available and it can not be run from a boot cd or usb flash drive.

This has been discussed several times in the Comments and Suggestions section, you can search through there.

Far as I remember, and I am sure they will correct me if I am wrong, its not high in the priority list at the moment, as fighting the lastest malware is keeping the developers busy.

The cost of a single licence for personal (ie non-business) use as detailed on the relevant link on this page is very modest compared with the protection MBAM offers and taken together with some of the best staff support in the malware arena to be found anywhere it's very well worth paying for by any standards.

@Firefox,

You are exactly right... There were some attempts to get it to work in a PE (preinstalled environment), but I think the project hit a wall and they were unsuccessful. With the amount of new malware that is released on a daily basis and how advanced it has become, I'm glad they are focusing on detection and removal as opposed to new functionality, bells, and whistles.

Regards,

swagger

Is it possible to run mbam as a standalone utility (not installed on infected PC)? - would be useful where there are installation problems or mbam just won't run when installed.

If MBAM won't run when installed on a system it won't run from a flash drive or CD either as long as the malware blocking it is active. The current crop of rootkits and rogues blocking MBAM are not doing so based on its location of installation. There are plenty of workarounds already available for getting MBAM to install and run in these scenarios, many of which can be found here and here.