CreateFile failed with error code 5

A few seconds after I start the Protection Module I get the following error:

"MBAMService terminated unexpectedly: see Event Log for details"

The event log says:

ERROR CreateFile failed with error code 5

MESSAGE Protection stopped

Does anyone have an idea as to why this error would happen? I have already tried the uninstall/reinstall a few time and I have run MBAM-Clean.exe. So far nothing has made any difference. I am running McAfee Security Center as my anti-virus.

Thanks for any help!

I had the same issue. The guy at MBam had me try a bunch of things and none of them work, anyhow this is how I fixed the issue. make sure your disk is not Dynamic, it must be Basic. I have two drives and made one a Basic drive. I installed the program on the Basic drive and it worked all of the time. To prove this I removed and re-installed on the Dynamic disk and I would get the error message when I tried to run the protection mode. As soon as I removed and installed on the Basic drive it ran like it was suppose to.

Hope this helps

eg

A few seconds after I start the Protection Module I get the following error:

"MBAMService terminated unexpectedly: see Event Log for details"

The event log says:

ERROR CreateFile failed with error code 5

MESSAGE Protection stopped

Does anyone have an idea as to why this error would happen? I have already tried the uninstall/reinstall a few time and I have run MBAM-Clean.exe. So far nothing has made any difference. I am running McAfee Security Center as my anti-virus.

Thanks for any help!