Due to inclement weather in Southwest Florida, our Clearwater support team is offline. Our other offices are available to assist you, however their responses may be delayed. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. ×

Update system

emmm, I'm going to stop using MBAM until the time update system change from Download "whole database" to "Patch current Database"

when this change would happen? when this would be implement?

first day when I start using MBAM, it was just around 1 MB, but now it has become near 4MB... this is every growing and waste of time to update... you should change the way update database...

emmm, I'm going to stop using MBAM until the time update system change from Download "whole database" to "Patch current Database"

when this change would happen? when this would be implement?

first day when I start using MBAM, it was just around 1 MB, but now it has become near 4MB... this is every growing and waste of time to update... you should change the way update database...

Or you could set your update time to 4:00 A.M. and the scan time to 5:00 A.M. and you wouldn't even know it, you'd be sleeping like a baby:)

Or you could set your update time to 4:00 A.M. and the scan time to 5:00 A.M. and you wouldn't even know it, you'd be sleeping like a baby:)

haha, I know, I've set my Avira to start scan 5 AM (same time that I go sleep :D ) , it takes 2 hours, then after scan 3 different backups start and it take until 8 AM, yeah good idea to set it update in 9 AM, but I don't want to leave it run in background ;) , my only real-time protection is Avira and I don't want have more process in background of any other AV or antispyware... so how I can set it update in the 9 AM? is it possible via scheduler of windows? (I've MBAM License, but I've not applied it to keep MBAM on-demand scanner), because after apply license I had to set MBAM service to manual and remove MBAM from startup.)

ok, I entered my License and then paid version with protection enabled.

did a reboot and then using SysInternals I disabled MBAM auto-start ("C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray) and then set MBAM service to manual, did a reboot and set the MBAM to update in 9:00AM and quick scan in 10:00AM, now after 3 days (now 18/1/2010) MBAM says Current Database information Data: 18/1/2010 then it's mean it did not update, I verify in Windows schedular and I can see MBAM tasks in there so it's mean it did not need Backgrounds tasks which I've disabled, so, what?! why it did not update? my computer is always online and I don't turn it off...

ok, I entered my License and then paid version with protection enabled.

did a reboot and then using SysInternals I disabled MBAM auto-start ("C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray) and then set MBAM service to manual, did a reboot and set the MBAM to update in 9:00AM and quick scan in 10:00AM, now after 3 days (now 18/1/2010) MBAM says Current Database information Data: 18/1/2010 then it's mean it did not update, I verify in Windows schedular and I can see MBAM tasks in there so it's mean it did not need Backgrounds tasks which I've disabled, so, what?! why it did not update? my computer is always online and I don't turn it off...

no luck to get any reply here? :)

• Staff

Hello

Incremental updates are something for the future, but not the very near future as far as I know.

As far as 'wasting time', my updates on a second tier broadband connection take all of about 5 seconds from the time I click the 'Update' button to the time it tells me it's complete. Are you on dial up?

And as for size as well, this gets smaller when we optimize the database, but I'm not sure how often this is done or if it's a scheduled type of thing.

Thanks for reply, I appreciate your answer.

As far as 'wasting time', my updates on a second tier broadband connection take all of about 5 seconds from the time I click the 'Update' button to the time it tells me it's complete. Are you on dial up?

not dialup, but not fast connection, my connection speed is almost 128Kbps (12-13 KB per second download speed).

Incremental updates are something for the future, but not the very near future as far as I know.

Good to know it would happen, MBAM team need to spend more time on this; at least to add it to paid version.

and any idea about my problem with scheduler? :)

and any idea about my problem with scheduler? :)

Greetings :)

Please make sure that the Task Scheduler service is running and set to Automatic, otherwise Malwarebytes' will not be able to perform scheduled updates and scheduled scans. If that isn't the issue then please contact support@malwarebytes.org and they will assist you further with this.