Unknown service after email broadcast problem

PC experiencing multiple windows popping up a few seconds after logging in. Looks like and AV popup but there seems to be email broadcasting involved. I found a locked registry entry in HKEY_Local_Machine\System in the Control Sets about a locked service named "xfqqejd" that I can find no info about either through this site or Google. Nothing will touch it that I have tried yet but I am ready to use regAssassin if it is a key that I need to delete to fix a problem. Any ideas?

Hello CaseyJones, and welcome to Malwarebytes.org, with a file named "xfqqejd" it sure appears you may be infected.

If you have not tried installing Malwarebytes and updating it, try that first, if that does not work, then follow the instructions listed below:

We don't work on Malware removal in the general forums.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

After posting your new post make sure under options that you select Track this topic and choose one of the Email options so that you're alerted when someon has replied to your post.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org