Cant Update ! No Internet. But do have......

;)

I think those need to bee looked into.... the Issue numbering seems out of sequence? Or are my eyes cross-eyed....

Right now it shows it as 5 Issue

LOL i tought it was me ! what i saw was no 4 issue between 3 and 5 it was down lower but with wroung answer,

i went into the site with vm workstation and saw issue 4 where 4 should be and write answer. man iam glade it was not just me...

(ALSO Think you !!! i did get it to up date with your help admin helper !!!!!!)

This is what I see:

Section A

Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions

B - Command Line Support

C - Error Codes

D - Error Code 732 - Automatically Detect Settings in IE & Note for NetZero Users

E - McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 8.x

F - Trend Internet Security Pro

G - IP Protection Module

H - AVG Anti-Virus

I - Microsoft Security Essentials on Windows XP

I'm infected - What do I do now?, Please follow these instructions to clean your system

1. ISSUE: Freezing or disappearing program issues with Trend Internet Security Pro
    SOLUTION: Follow the directions posted here - if possible adapt to your version of Trend as needed.
    Further information from Trend on the subject.
  2. ISSUE: Freezing or disappearing program issues with McAfee VirusScan Enterprise
    SOLUTION: Follow the directions posted here - if possible adapt to your version of McAfee as needed.
  3. ISSUE: I have an Anti-Virus/Internet-Security other than TrendMicro and McAfee
    Here are links to assist with Kaspersky: Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 Kaspersky Internet Security 2010
    SOLUTION: Check your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security application to see if you can add exclusions for specific applications/files to ignore. You may need to contact their technical support or check their support website for instructions. You will need to set your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security to ignore/exclude the following files:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

[*]ISSUE: I need to get the latest database onto a computer that cannot access the Internet.

SOLUTION: You can manually copy the database from a working computer using a flash drive or CD onto the infected PC. Our database file is stored in the following locations.

• Windows XP and 2000
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • Windows Vista and Windows 7:
  • C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref

You can also download a manual update from here - NOTE: This manual update will always be way behind in version level compared to updates from within the program

[*]ISSUE: When I try to run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, or when I try to install it, nothing happens.

SOLUTION: Here are a few tutorials you can try to help resolve these issues:

[*]ISSUE: I'm not sure how to register Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

SOLUTION: Registration is only required when you have purchased a license. If you have purchased a license, please open Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, click on the 'Protection' tab, click on the 'Register' button, and then enter the ID and Key that were given to you when you purchased the program.

[*]ISSUE: After purchasing, when I enter my ID and Key, I am told that my ID and Key are invalid.

SOLUTION: Follow these procedures as outlined below.

• Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
  • Restart your computer (very important).
  • Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe
  • It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).
  • After the computer restarts, Temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here
    Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent
    Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
    Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications.

[*]ISSUE: I'm unable to update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware it either does nothing or I get an error 732

SOLUTION: Please first try the following and if that does not work then review one of the post for setting exclusions to Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications

• This routine will confirm that Internet Explorer is set to the Online mode.
  • Click on START - RUN and Copy/Paste the following into the run line (On Vista you can use the Search line) and click OK
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

[*]ISSUE: When I try to Start Protection I get an error code 1073

SOLUTION: Please follow the same instructions for #7 (After purchasing, when I enter my ID and Key, I am told that my ID and Key are invalid.)

[*]ISSUE: I've ran a scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it says something is infected but I don't think it is

SOLUTION: Before reporting a false positive, you need to save a log in developer mode. This will allow us to figure out how the false positive came to be. Simply follow these directions.

• Click the Start Menu
  • Click Run (On Vista/Windows 7 you can type in the search line)
  • Type in "mbam.exe /developer", without the quotes
  • Run the same type of scan you did before and save the logfile and post it in a NEW post here

[*]ISSUE: I would like to manually modify Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware settings by Command Line

SOLUTION: Please review the post here on using the Command Line

[*]ISSUE: I'm not sure if I am infected or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware keeps finding the same infection over and over, what should I do?

SOLUTION: Please read and follow the directions posted here

[*]ISSUE: I'm having other PC issues, are there any other self help articles?

SOLUTION: Yes, please review the post here

[*]ISSUE: The self help articles are nice but I need a little more guidance or support for non Malware related PC issues

SOLUTION: We have a forum for that as well. Please post questions or answer posts not related to Malware here

[*]ISSUE: I'm getting a Runtime error 0 and 440 automation error.

vbaccelerator-runtim-0.pngruntime-error-440.png

SOLUTION: Please do the following to see if it fixes the error:

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
    regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. For Vista please right click on it and choose Run As Admin
  • Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered
  • If you get an error that REGSVR32 "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", then ensure that the file REGSVR32.EXE exists in the %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 folder. If it's not found there you can copy if from another Computer running the same operating system and service pack level.
    If that doesn't fix it then please download and install the Microsoft Visual Basic Common Controls from here to see if it helps.

[*]ISSUE: I'm changing computers. How do I Transfer my License to the new computer?

SOLUTION: Keep a copy of your ID/KEY from the computer you wish to remove it from and you can run the following to remove it from the old computer.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility.

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. Then install MBAM on the new computer and Register it with the ID/KEY from the system you just removed it from.

You should also have an email from Cleverbridge with your ID/KEY purchase information.

• Root Admin

Please run the following Firefox.

Download and install CCleaner
  • CCleaner
  • Double-click on the downloaded file "ccsetup227_slim.exe" and install the application.
  • Keep the default installation folder "C:\Program Files\CCleaner"
  • Click finish when done and close ALL PROGRAMS
  • Start the CCleaner program.
  • Click on Registry and Uncheck Registry Integrity so that it does not run (basically the very top, uncheck it)
  • Click on Options - Advanced and Uncheck "Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 48 hours"
  • Click back to Cleaner and under SYSTEM uncheck the Memory Dumps and Windows Log Files
  • Click on Run Cleaner button on the bottom right side of the program.
  • Click OK to any prompts

Make sure you allow it to remove all your cookies as well.

• Root Admin

Just guessing but for some reason I don't think the cookie or cache is fully removed. I forget who but one of the other Honorary Members was having this issue and we tried a few other things that "should" have fixed it but it did not. Once we ran CC it fixed it, so I suggested here for you too. I see there is another new poster on the board with a similar issue so I posted this CC for him as well.

Thanks, glad it worked.

@ AdvancedSetup / Firefox -

That was me - I kept getting the numbers not showing up right -I think it showed 18 items when there were only 16 listed -

I forget exactly what we did (maybe CC and refresh) but it fixed things and has been OK since -

I think I had an extra number where each of the code boxes were (forget exact) - No problems since -

Regards - ;)

EDIT - @ F/fox - Do you remember the total numbers that were showing (15 - 16 - 17 ?)

@ noknojon when they are out of sequence, I showed 14, and when they are right I show 16.

@ AdvancedSetup those steps did not work on the computer I am on right now. CCleaner did not fix it up. I will tell you what I found out though to fix it on this computer.

I am using IE8 and it shows messed up with IE8. If I tell IE8 to use compatibility mode on that page, it shows correctly, if I take it back out of compatibility mode, it gets messed up again.

Reasons why I will not go back to IE7:

Windows Internet Explorer 8 Fact Sheet

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/newsroom/windows/factsheets/ie8fs.mspx

With the no. 1 being Reopen Last Browsing Session

I learned about Compatibility Mode when IE8 came out as many sites acted strange then and I learned about the torn page icon right after the address.

To enable/disable Compatibility Mode for this forum go to Tools then Compatibility View or Compatibility View Settings and add this forum.

Also read about Compatibility View:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/features/easier.aspx