A Question About Trend Micro

I got several trojans from downloading a picture. Malwarebytes found and eliminate them. I thought it would be a good idea to do a second and third scan with Malwarebytes and also scans with other programs just to be sure.

I was going to do the free online scan from Trend Micro and they have a new free scan called Housecall 7, which you have to download and install before running a scan. I downloaded it and when I ran it, my anti-virus, Avira, identified it as having a virus and advised me to deny access.

Has anyone else had a problem with downloading and using Trend Micro's Housecall 7?

Leila,

Well i never tried use Housecall 7, but is it correctly downloaded from: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/emea ?

Im also using Avira here and it report sometimes many false positives.

Well, to clarify this with more accuracy try contact directly Trend Micro support.

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/consumer/assistance.aspx

And report to Avira Support by email support@avira.com to be analyzed.

:)

• Root Admin

I don't see how it could report it as a Virus. Part of the instructions tell you that you have to DISABLE your current Anti-Virus to run their scanner.

If you're really concerned about Malware and your current AV and MBAM come back clean then you may want to post in the HJT forum and have someone assist you at reviewing your system.

Hi Leila -

As per AdvancedSetup has added above -

If you read all of the information in these House Calls (Trend or other programs) you are usually asked to disable your own A/V while the house call is being done - This is to prevent any conflict between the 2 (as you have found) -

Thank You - :)

EDIT - I have used Trend House Call several times without any problems and I always Disable my A/V while they scan -

Thanks to everyone that replied. I didn't disable my Avira anti-virus, so that may be why I was having problems.

AdvancedSetup...........thanks for the suggestion on having my system reviewed. I think that's a good idea, and will be sending my logs to the HJT forum later this evening or tomorrow morning. I just want to make sure my system is clean.

Thanks again to all.................. :)