Update version copy..

Hi;

Just a simple question during the Mbam update. Every update when there is a new version, mbam downloads the new version first before updating. I see an mbam-setup.exe in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, my question:

Is this the setup.exe that I can save/use to install mbam to another pc? It seems to be the same as that of the downloaded new version of mbam (version 1.44 4.996kb)...

I do want to keep back-ups of my software so when I need to re-install it it's a breeze and for this I download the updated version separately.

If what I see in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware is the same set-up.exe for mbam then I don't have to download the updated version separately.

Is it? :)

Thanks very much. :)

Hi voltron :)

I am not sure about the set up in the folder and the exact answer to that question, (but are you seeing the setup in a temp folder) but yes, you can take the mbam setup that you download with you on a CD or a flashdrive and install it on the computer you wish to use it on, however, it will and does not run FROM the USB drive or the CD; you would simply use the setup to install mbam onto the computer in question.

Hopefully someone else who knows better than me will step in with the answer to the other part of your question :)

Also, when replying, please use the "add reply" button at the bottom of the page or erase what the person you are replying to said. :)