Swandog46

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44 released

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.44 has been released. This is primarily a bugfix release, and fixes a number of stability and functionality issues in the previous release. If you had issues with 1.43, please let us know if 1.44 resolves them. The new version is available here. Thanks! -The Malwarebytes Team

That was a quick release :); well done to the bug-fixing team for the speedy response. :)

Should those of us that didn't have an issue with ver. 1.43 update to this version or should we hold off until the next version?

Yes of course; temporarily forgot about that :)

Thanks for reminding me, Ron.

... If you had issues with 1.43, please let us know if 1.44 resolves them. ...

I had an issue with the internal updater for 1.43 which continues for 1.44. Can't upload graphics here, but the error message is displayed in my post at DSLR.

Thanks for this quick release, it seems to have fixed my issues....

I had an issue with the internal updater for 1.43 which continues for 1.44. Can't upload graphics here, but the error message is displayed in my post at DSLR.

What version of Windows are you running and is it x86 or x64 ?

What Anti-Virus are you running?

Was this a scheduled update check from the Pro version or was it a database update check manually from the program tab?

Thanks.

In the meantime please try the following and let me know if it corrects it or not.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

Does this new release require the application C:\WINDOWS\is-EJBDH.exe /REG to run once on reboot? I have softeawre - Win Patrol - which alerts me to changes in my registry and this morning it asked permission to allow C:\WINDOWS\is-EJBDH.exe /REG to run once. It always bothers me when I can't find any information about something wanting to change my registry - search engines returned nothing. It seems to me this occurred on the last update with a similar foreign run once entry. I bet it's the 1.44 update but could someone confirm that for me?

Thank you

What version of Windows are you running and is it x86 or x64 ?

What Anti-Virus are you running?

Was this a scheduled update check from the Pro version or was it a database update check manually from the program tab? ...

I'm running XP Home SP2 (x86) and Avast! It was a manual update check from the program tab.

... try the following and let me know if it corrects it or not. ...

I use MBAM free (no license that I can find record of) and downloaded the new version last night from here rather than from the page you provided the link to. Won't be able to tell if the problem is corrected until the next new version is released. Does that make any difference in your instructions numbered 1-4?

Will check back in a few hours when I have time to go through the process. Thanks for your time and attention. :)

Does this new release require the application C:\WINDOWS\is-EJBDH.exe /REG to run once on reboot? I have softeawre - Win Patrol - which alerts me to changes in my registry and this morning it asked permission to allow C:\WINDOWS\is-EJBDH.exe /REG to run once. It always bothers me when I can't find any information about something wanting to change my registry - search engines returned nothing. It seems to me this occurred on the last update with a similar foreign run once entry. I bet it's the 1.44 update but could someone confirm that for me?

Thank you

That file is created by the Inno Setup package used by Malwarebytes. It's is randomly named, so you probably won't find any information about it. It has to run once and it should delete itself afterwards. :)

That file is created by the Inno Setup package used by Malwarebytes. It's is randomly named, so you probably won't find any information about it. It has to run once and it should delete itself afterwards. :)

Thank you for confirming what I thought was the case. Too bad Malwarebytes does not identify the ownership in the application's properties - that would eliminate questions.

... Please try this on the computer that is having an issue. ...

Went through steps 1-4 and successfully installed the free Version 1.44. Saved mbam-clean.exe for future use if needed. Thanks again.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.44 has been released. This is primarily a bugfix release, and fixes a number of stability and functionality issues in the previous release. If you had issues with 1.43, please let us know if 1.44 resolves them. The new version is available here. Thanks! -The Malwarebytes Team

Hi all.

I've just upgraded to MBAM 1.44 concurrently with an O/S upgrade to windows 7. However, in this process I've managed to lose the registry fix which prevents that rather irritating "IP Protection notification" popup that appears somewhat too frequently in the taskbar area.

I remember it was a pretty simple and straightforward regedit addition and would be extremely grateful for anyone who knows it to paste it here.

Thanks in advance.

--

divo

With 1.44 (paid) A-Squared will not run at all. It runs with MBM uninstalled. Even changed OutpostSecurity Suite to Eset SS with no change.

The program will update on it's own the next time you check for a database update.

hello there was a error pop up when i tried to manually update the software i did change the update time.. will the update perform when pc is not turned on

hello there was a error pop up when i tried to manually update the software i did change the update time.. will the update perform when pc is not turned on
This issue should be corrected already, try and update again

If there was an error popup and the program will not update please try the following.

Please try this on the computer that is having an issue.

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware using Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

2. Restart your computer (very important).

3. Download and run this utility. mbam-clean.exe

4. It will ask to restart your computer (please allow it to).

5. After the computer restarts, install the latest version from here. mbam-setup.exe

Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent

Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.

Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray and that you can run a quick scan and all is working as expected.

This version did correct the escalating memory creep I was experiencing with v 1.43.

How much memory should mbamservice.exe be using running v 1.44 on Vista 32?

When I look at Task Manager, mbamservice.exe is using about 72-MB even before running a scan. It doesn't slowly creep up and sometimes it even drops to about 68-MB. It is the largest user of RAM on my system until I launch Visio or Photoshop. :)

I'm just wondering if that is normal? Thanks.

Greetings sys-eng :)

That sounds pretty normal to me. I'm running MBAM Pro on Vista x64 and mbamservice.exe's ram usage is fairly static around 40-70Mb at any given time.