Suggestion for improvement.

Heco

Hello all :-)

I am a registered user of your software and a much satisfied customer.

It would be such an an improvement for those who choose to use it real-time, to release the next upcoming version 1.44 with 2 new modules:

- An automatic update since you provide new definitions several times a day.

- A schedule for a full scan (daily, weekly...).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Herve

PS: Sorry if this suggestion has already been posted :D

If you're a registered user both of those options are already available to you.

Hello AdvancedSetup ,

I am indeed a registered user.. But in which tab can you see; a TRUE automatic update as soon as new definitions are released and a schedule for a FULL SCAN?

Sorry.. but in the protection/scheduling tab, you can only schedule:

-an update at a PRECISE hour of the day... when MBAM provides several updates a day...

-a QUICK SCAN at a precise hour of the day... No FULL scan you could schedule daily or weekly or monthly!

FULL scan be performed manually only!

Are you too a regisrered user? :D

Cheers,

Herve

EDIT:

Hello AdvancedSetup ,

I am indeed a registered user.. But in which tab can you see: a TRUE automatic update as soon as new definitions are released and a schedule for a FULL SCAN?

Sorry.. but in the protection/scheduling tab, you can only schedule:

-an update at a PRECISE hour of the day... when MBAM provides several updates a day...

-a QUICK SCAN at a precise hour of the day... No FULL scan you could schedule daily or weekly or monthly!

FULL scan can be performed manually only!

Are you too a registered user? :DKidding!!

Cheers,

Herve

Sorry for the typos!

Since we can't edit in this forum.... just a new post to thank you Ron, for your greetings as i am a new member, but not a newbie in computing :D) , for your courtesy (Is it so difficult to say "hello" here?), for having doubts about my registration... and finally for reading my first post through!

I hope i will get accustomed to the use in this forum, if i don't quit it in the meantime...

Regards, :D

Herve

• Root Admin

It actually would not be feasible to do an automatic update the moment an update was available as that would saturate networks whether pulled or pushed. Don't forget that there are millions of users for the product and if you constantly polled each system that would put an unnecessary strain on the networks involved. Even on an internal network LAN with your own mail server it's not a constant live connection. It does poll a lot more frequently but you also have a much more limited client base. Thus scheduling times for updates is the more appropriate method of doing updates. We are working on creating our own coded update engine, but it too will not be live updates as they change but will allow you to set a more granular update for yourself.

Thank you.