Random redirects

dimabima

Hi, recently I got a virus on my computer and I quickly scanned with Bitdefender, deleting it. Then, when I was searching stuff on google, everytime I went to a link, it redirected me to somrde weird websites. I decided to download MBAM and it found malware, which I quarantined. After this, my dell dock and WLAN wireless network card stopped working and google links still were wrong. Now, I'm also always being sent to www3.iamwired.net whenever I click on any link from any website.

Here's the MBAM log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.42

Database version: 3454

Windows 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18865

12/30/2009 2:59:42 PM

mbam-log-2009-12-30 (14-59-42).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan

Objects scanned: 96977

Time elapsed: 16 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

Here's the DDS:

DDS (Ver_09-12-01.01) - NTFSx86

Run by Dima at 15:38:21.12 on Wed 12/30/2009

Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18865

Microsoft

Attach.zip

Hello dimabima

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan or rootkit.

This type of infection has the capabilities to allows hacker to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identity Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.

Apparently, my family has never banking on this computer, however, we have ordered pizza or stuff from amazon using a credit card on this computer. Is there any need to change those passwords. Also, this is mostly just a computer for play and browsing so I will most likely just reformat and reinstall the OS.

Hello dimabima

Welcome to Malwarebytes.

=====================

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan or rootkit.

This type of infection has the capabilities to allows hacker to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identity Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.