62.41.85.72 and 62.41.85.89

It's blocking malware from the KPN IP range.

Sorry - but what does that mean? What is the KPN range? Is that range a known and genuine problem? Is there anything about it that relates to Facebook? Do the constant intercepts tell me there is anything wrong with my system? I'd appreciate a more detailed explanation if anyone has time.

My apologies. It doesn't indicate a problem with your computer, no. You can identify the offending URL being accessed, by using a program such as Fiddler (www.fiddlertool.com), though the fact the IP's are being blocked, means the content itself is also being blocked, and thus cannot infect your system.

"KPN" are the company that owns the IP range in question, and it's relation to Facebook, is simply due to content being delivered via Facebooks website.

There has been quite a growth lately, in malicious activity within the KPN range, and I've yet to receive a response to abuse reports.

I also get those .72 IP blocks frequently and to the Original Poster, it doesn't seem to affect Facebook.

All it takes is the page occasionally seems to load longer, even though all the content is already there.

So it (the IP block) doesn't appear to do harm to user's FB experience at all. It's just annoying to get that prompt :)

My apologies. It doesn't indicate a problem with your computer, no. You can identify the offending URL being accessed, by using a program such as Fiddler (www.fiddlertool.com), though the fact the IP's are being blocked, means the content itself is also being blocked, and thus cannot infect your system.

"KPN" are the company that owns the IP range in question, and it's relation to Facebook, is simply due to content being delivered via Facebooks website.

There has been quite a growth lately, in malicious activity within the KPN range, and I've yet to receive a response to abuse reports.

Thanks again - I'm trying to learn here - does that mean that when I'm using Facebook, Facebook is trying to access dodgy sites without my knowledge/request/permission. I'm trying to get my head around why my computer is trying to access sites that get blocked, and if it IS Facebook that's doing it, why?????

I also get those .72 IP blocks frequently and to the Original Poster, it doesn't seem to affect Facebook.

All it takes is the page occasionally seems to load longer, even though all the content is already there.

So it (the IP block) doesn't appear to do harm to user's FB experience at all. It's just annoying to get that prompt :)

Thanks for the response - following on from my reply to MysteryFCM, I want to go beyond the annoyance of the prompt - surely the prompt is saying something is wrong. If I wasn't using Malwarebytes and so access wasn't blocked, what would happen. What is it that's being blocked, and why, and what process is trying to access the blocked site, and why?

Any answers/guidance/suggestions on how to find the answers would be appreciated.

Thanks again - I'm trying to learn here - does that mean that when I'm using Facebook, Facebook is trying to access dodgy sites without my knowledge/request/permission. I'm trying to get my head around why my computer is trying to access sites that get blocked, and if it IS Facebook that's doing it, why?????

It's not Facebook themselves, no. The usual culprits are adverts (known as malvertisements due to the adverts being malicious in nature) and "applications" from third parties.

Thanks for the response - following on from my reply to MysteryFCM, I want to go beyond the annoyance of the prompt - surely the prompt is saying something is wrong. If I wasn't using Malwarebytes and so access wasn't blocked, what would happen. What is it that's being blocked, and why, and what process is trying to access the blocked site, and why?

It's not saying anything is wrong with your computer necessarily. In this case, it's traffic coming from external sources, not internal, and as it's being blocked, it's nothing to worry about.

As for the whats and why, there's no definitive answer to this without seeing the packets themselves, as there's too many variables involved to be able to say x, y or z is the responsible party. However, as mentioned previously, the usual culprits are malicious adverts and third party "applications".

It's not saying anything is wrong with your computer necessarily. In this case, it's traffic coming from external sources, not internal, and as it's being blocked, it's nothing to worry about.

As for the whats and why, there's no definitive answer to this without seeing the packets themselves, as there's too many variables involved to be able to say x, y or z is the responsible party. However, as mentioned previously, the usual culprits are malicious adverts and third party "applications".

OK - I guess that will have to do then - thankyou so much for the explanations.

Strangely enough, after updating to 1.43 and then using Facebook, there have been no blocks so far!