MBAM wont run/start

Hello,

I've DL'd the free version of MBAM but it didn't start/run once the installation was completed and I can't get it to open/run no matter what I try. I'm sure this is due to a malware program that is causing havoc on my laptop. The Malware is called Malware Defense (I think) the pop ups show Windows Security Alert but I know it's not a MS Window program.

I've gone through the forums and have tried some different things, but I still can't get it to run. One post said suggested to change the mbam.exe files name to something else, but I can't even find that file. It's not in the MBAM folder in Program Files. I've tried to uninstall the malware program in safe mode, but no luck, I've tried to DL'd MBAM in safe mode to see if that made a difference but still no luck.

I'm at a loss for what to do next. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hello xHammerTownex , and welcome to Malwarebytes.org

As we don't work on Malware removal in the general forums - If you cannot find any related self help article then read on -

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance, for free, when one becomes available -

They will help remove any infection and generally check your system and logs -

Thank You - :)