Net framework 1.1

Bugerion

I need to install this but im stuck at step 6

1 Create a new folder named DotNet in C:\ drive (C:\DotNet is used in this guide, you can change to any folder you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps).

2 Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package (dotnetfx.exe). Make sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe.

3 Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe). Make sure that the file is renamed and saved as dotnetfxsp1.exe, so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.

4 Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:\DotNet), if you

Sorry, I forgot to actually mention how to change the directory. What a twit I am.

Type cd\ to get you back to the C:\> again, then type cd DotNet

Then try step 7 again.

msiexec.exe is the executable for the windows installer. It's what windows uses to install new programs.

OMG thank you sooooo much it worked hahhahahahha great im so happy

@Bugerion - open your Control Panel > program and Features and under "Tasks" (top left) click on the first link there (which is View installed updates).

Should display all Windows' updates you've got installed.

I'm also running Vista 32-bit SP2 and the only .NET entries I can see on that screen that are clearly called... "NET framework" are one update and two hotfixes for the NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (KB963707 and the two hotfixes KB953595 and KB958484 respectively).

I cannot see anything called NET....1, 2 or anything with a version number earlier than 3.5 (although of course it may well be in there,:lol:, somewhere :o) ;)