Malwarebytes won't run after new installation

New to forum but not to Malwarebytes.

Installed (or so I thought) Malwarebytes 2 days ago on a new Lenovo SL410 laptop running Windows 7 64-bit.

Thought it installed okay, but the today tried to open it and got 2 error messages:

• Run-time error '0'
  • Run-time error '440': Automation error

Won't open...checked the website and it says Win7 (32 and 64 bit) is supported.

Help?

Thanks.

BTW, I did go to the pinned FAQs ( Common Issues, Questions, and their Solutions) and under Issue #17 there are recommended solutions...but unfortunately I'm not sure how to implement them (read: I don't understand how to do what is recommended)...don't know how to do the code part.

Would greatly appreciate it if someone here would post a (very basic/simple) step-by-step for a non-techie.

Cheers!

Here you go, my friend. I've made the MBAM Fix.bat file for you. Just unzip the attached file to your desktop and then follow the rest of the instructions.

I too had exactly the same error and after reading your post and following your instructions, it all works perfectly. Thankyou so much, I too am a novice at this sort of stuff, but thanks to people like you, am working my way around these sorts of problems.