Initial Query Still Not Answered

I realize it is the holiday season for many of us and I am truly grateful that this forum exists at all, but I have noted that many posts dating back to Dec 18 2009 are still unanswered nor even acknowledged, while some topics posted today have gotten immediate responses. Do you check your backlog or should I re-post my problem? (I hesitate to start a double thread) My original post has drifted back to page 8 or 9 and there are several older than that.

I am beginning to despair of successfully removing this malware. I am preparing to do a full reinstall (if I can find all my original discs) unless i hear any encouraging news otherwise.

What I need to know now is whether or not my external usb hard drives are compromised and whether any data copied to dvd media at this stage would be safe. (Search for my previous post to see the logs.)

I hope to hear from someone

This is from a sticky on the HJT subforum:

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your post within the first 48 hours. Replying to your own posts changes the post count and will often cause helpers to think that you're already being helped and thus they won't open and look at your post. If no one has replied within 48 hours then please go ahead and either reply to your post or send a private message to a Moderator and let them know that you're still needing assistance.

This is from a sticky on the HJT subforum:

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your post within the first 48 hours. Replying to your own posts changes the post count and will often cause helpers to think that you're already being helped and thus they won't open and look at your post. If no one has replied within 48 hours then please go ahead and either reply to your post or send a private message to a Moderator and let them know that you're still needing assistance.

I did wait more than 48 hours and specifically did NOT reply to my own post because of the post count issue. However _ you_ just threw the post count off on this topic with your reply. Thanks a lot.

I have not PMed a moderator because I know they're all volunteers and busy as hell and I do not want to put any additional burdens on any particular individual. I'll take my turn in the queue.

That said I do see a lot of instances on the first page of people being responded to after 16 days (!) and then their topic being closed a few days later for no reply.

If the backlog is that bad, please let me know.

@Jonah6Whale8,

See my reply to your original post, here --> http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...st&p=175461

Please get started and reply to that topic when done. I am closing this one here.

A 4-day wait for initial response is not unusual, given the super-heavy traffic in the malware removal forum.