ThePlanet.com, IP 67.15.231.73

Amethyst

I brought my laptop out of standby. My software firewall blocked this IP, and then my wireless adapter on my laptop seized up. All of a sudden I had no wireless connection to my router, it just quit. No other warning. Using the Windows repair to repair the connection didn't work. I use Outpost Free firewall, and it had been trying to get a news update just before this happened. I use Thinkvantage Access connections, and I was going to try using that to release and renew the IP and all that, but I figured I would try a reboot first, and that worked.

Not much ever gets past my router firewall, but this one did. Anyone know anything about it?

(I really had promised I wouldn't get entangled in these techie things on Christmas Eve!)

Interestingly enough, this problem:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34274

Seems to have disappeared since this reboot. The weird little warning didn't show up on my Application list in Event Viewer when I rebooted, and it has been there regularly since Dec 18th.

Oh, I just looked at my firewall logs, I see some bytes were received from that IP.

I'll do some further checking into this.

OK, just did some digging around. It' looks like it was Outpost making that connection for its news update, which I could see was happening just before the connection got lost. I'm not sure why OP would start blocking one of its own programs. But I let them know, anyway.

Back to holiday stuff, must put ham in the oven now. :P